News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tell your motorcycling history

Started by Bama_Rider, June 27, 2018, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama_Rider

I was asked on the new members thread to tell a little about myself and my motorcycling history.   I like to write so I may have gone a little overboard.  I thought it might be cool to have a thread for this.  Who are you, what do you ride, how did you get started, what you ride now etc.   Here is a link to mine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-2tkF6qyt32q50Quk32q22sC5oW9KglMc8cjN5MUj0/edit?usp=sharing

jrobinson

I love these stories.  You can find mine here ---  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=280.0    klaviator has a nice writeup somewhere on the forum also.

springer

Quote from: Bama_Rider on June 27, 2018, 10:43:04 AM
I was asked on the new members thread to tell a little about myself and my motorcycling history.   I like to write so I may have gone a little overboard.  I thought it might be cool to have a thread for this.  Who are you, what do you ride, how did you get started, what you ride now etc.   Here is a link to mine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-2tkF6qyt32q50Quk32q22sC5oW9KglMc8cjN5MUj0/edit?usp=sharing
I got another feeling.  ;)

Your ride reports are going to be awesome!

When I am at a better spot in life I will put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and write mine out.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Bama_Rider

Quote from: jrobinson on June 27, 2018, 03:54:31 PM
I love these stories.  You can find mine here ---  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=280.0    klaviator has a nice writeup somewhere on the forum also.

I clicked on that link and got this:"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

jrobinson

Try now. You may need to log off and back on  first.

Bama_Rider

Thanks,  Awesome stuff.  I am a bit jealous that I didn't come from a motorcycling family.   

klaviator

jrobinson

Quote from: Bama_Rider on June 27, 2018, 07:01:22 PM
Thanks,  Awesome stuff.  I am a bit jealous that I didn't come from a motorcycling family.

Thx. It's more important where you finish than where you start.

Smitty908

Well, this thread tells the beginnings for me...

https://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2748.0

After all that, I rode the wheels off my little Suzuki I purchased as a teenager.

I eventually (minorly) crashed it by bouncing off the rear bumper of a toyota that turned in front of me.

I sold it after that, but more because I was old enough to get a car by that point than because of the crash.

I always missed it. I owned a CR 250 briefly after moving to Tucson on active duty, but I had a few close calls off road in the desert that made me sell it.

I never got rid of the bug though, and after moving back to Alabama, I bought a 2003 Honda 919 that needed a little work.

Not long after, I stumbled across BAMARIDES and all these cool cats here taught me to love the slow game.

All that practice killing cones eventually led to a spot on my Dept Motorscout unit.

I got paid to ride a ST1300P for a couple years.

My herd has grown and thinned over the years (up to four at once I think), and included a VTX1800, GSXR750, SV650, and CRF 230.

Last year I sold my beloved 919 (only bike at the time), in anticipation for an upcoming deployment.

Alas, being bored in Iraq with money burning a hole in my pocket led me to buy a ST1300 that is currently waiting for my return in a month.

I want to get something smaller and sport oriented as well, so my never ending quest will continue...  ::)

-Tim

springer

Quote from: Smitty908 on June 29, 2018, 02:22:56 PM
Well, this thread tells the beginnings for me...

https://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2748.0

After all that, I rode the wheels off my little Suzuki I purchased as a teenager.

I eventually (minorly) crashed it by bouncing off the rear bumper of a toyota that turned in front of me.

I sold it after that, but more because I was old enough to get a car by that point than because of the crash.

I always missed it. I owned a CR 250 briefly after moving to Tucson on active duty, but I had a few close calls off road in the desert that made me sell it.

I never got rid of the bug though, and after moving back to Alabama, I bought a 2003 Honda 919 that needed a little work.

Not long after, I stumbled across BAMARIDES and all these cool cats here taught me to love the slow game.

All that practice killing cones eventually led to a spot on my Dept Motorscout unit.

I got paid to ride a ST1300P for a couple years.

My herd has grown and thinned over the years (up to four at once I think), and included a VTX1800, GSXR750, SV650, and CRF 230.

Last year I sold my beloved 919 (only bike at the time), in anticipation for an upcoming deployment.

Alas, being bored in Iraq with money burning a hole in my pocket led me to buy a ST1300 that is currently waiting for my return in a month.

I want to get something smaller and sport oriented as well, so my never ending quest will continue...  ::)

-Tim

First, thank you for your service to our nation and our community.
Second, hit me up when you get back...been waaay to long since we last rode together!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

My daughter's motorcycling story begins today...

Street legal from the factory...

1995 Suzuki DR125 w/ 3k miles

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Smitty908

Quote from: springer on June 29, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
First, thank you for your service to our nation and our community.
Second, hit me up when you get back...been waaay to long since we last rode together!

I definitely will. I'll have almost a month off before returning to work, plan to get some miles in.  8)

Bama_Rider

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 30, 2018, 02:32:55 PM
My daughter's motorcycling story begins today...

Street legal from the factory...

1995 Suzuki DR125 w/ 3k miles

Looks brand new.  Nice find.