North Alabama Street ride, Saturday 7-14-18

Started by klaviator, July 09, 2018, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'm planning on leading a street ride this Saturday.  This will be a relatively short ride on mainly back roads with some nice scenery and fun curves. 

Meet:  Blue Plate Cafe  7540 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville

Time:  0900 AM

The Vintage club meets here for breakfast at 8.  The plan is to meet in the parking lot at 9 and be on the road around 09:10.  If you want breakfast get there at 8.  I most likely won't be there for breakfast. 

We will ride to Guntersville and then Scottsboro before heading back towards Huntsville via mostly back roads.  Most likely we will stop for lunch on Scottsboro unless it's still too early.  I will be riding a scooter so the pace won't be what it would be if I was on my Versys but as always, ride your own pace and we will wait for slower riders. 

My goal for this ride is get some of us together since we haven't had that many street rides around here.  We will have some stops so we have a chance to socialize.  I'll try to find a place we can get some action pictures for those who want a nice picture of them and their bikes in motion. 

I plan on making it back to the Huntsville area sometime early to mid afternoon. 

Frank Smith

Count me and the Mrs in. I'll bring the camera and this time I'll set the resolution to HIGH.  ::)
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

BuckeyeDoug

I hope to make it.  Enjoying triple-digit temps at Yuma Proving Grounds this week, so depends on how I feel after my late return Friday night.

klaviator

Quote from: BuckeyeDoug on July 10, 2018, 02:22:22 PM
I hope to make it.  Enjoying triple-digit temps at Yuma Proving Grounds this week, so depends on how I feel after my late return Friday night.

Triple digit temps??  But it's a "dry heat" right :D

Hope you can make it.

BuckeyeDoug

My shirt isn't dry!  I could stand losing some water weight anyways.

David DoubleEX

I should be able to make this too. As I'm a fatty at heart, I will probably be there for breakfast.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

paxton

Where is this ride gonna take everyone? Huntsville area only?

David DoubleEX

Its posted in his first post. From Huntsville to Guntersville, to scottsboro, back to Huntsville.

I am fairly sure i know what route we are taking from Guntersville to scottsboro, and thats a nice road. 
Quote from: paxton on July 13, 2018, 10:29:17 AM
Where is this ride gonna take everyone? Huntsville area only?

David DoubleEX

Might i suggest Mud Creek BBQ for lunch? Its a short jaunt up 72 once we are in scottsboro. Only about 10-15 minutes.

paxton

Right, I was wondering if we were going up to Crow Mountain and all that area. I was trying to word it in terms of a request more like a GPX file should I choose to join later or whatever, but in any case that's what came out. I should've worded my question a little (lot) better. :)

klaviator

We'll ride to Guntersville and take a break there.  Then Wyeth Dr and Wyeth Mtn rd then over to 227 to 67 to Guntersville.  We can discuss where we want to eat lunch because I don't have any definite plans.  We''ll have to keep an eye on the weather as there's a good chance of afternoon T storms.  I was planing on going up 17 to 8 back to 72 and then cherry tree road back to the Hampton Cove area and end the ride there.  I may head over to Freedom Powersports and/or Cycle gear from there.  I wanted to keep this ride relatively short but if people want to go up Crow Mountain we can do that.

paxton

jrobinson

Quote from: paxton on July 13, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
I'd rather skip it, for obvious reasons!

Don't need a repeat. Glad to see you back riding. I wish I had time to ride.

klaviator

Headed out to the Blue Plate Cafe.  See ya there!

klaviator

Made it back home after a 190 mile street ride.  It was hot but still a fun ride.  I didn't take as many pics as I sometimes do but I did get some.

Hanging out in the Blue Plate cafe parking lot.

We had three scooters on this ride :)

So we headed down to Guntersville with 3 scooters and 2 motorcycles.  I snapped a few pic on the go.

We stopped to get some action shots but only frank was interested in getting his picture taken.

Frank heads out on the Tmax he recently bought.

I got everyone else's pic anyway, It's just that the "action" consisted of talking not riding ;)

I didn't do a very good job with the action pics.