News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hacks (sidecars)

Started by 2372ighost, December 01, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2372ighost

Ok hack drivers, it's time to do a get together!!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Scooter

I would like a get together as well. Sadly June is already covered up for me with health issues of a family member and also another skin cancer surgery for myself. This one right at the hairline in my forehead where a helmet sits. But I should be back at it by July and available to travel a little.
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

2372ighost

Get it done Scooter, heal up quickly and ride!!!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Moto Guzzi

June and July are pretty busy for me too but a local meet up is possible depending on the date.  I have another friend who has a Ural and is not on MA.  I will be sure to include her in any meet up plans.  I know of 2 others in the central/north AL area, one in Birmingham and one up in Hartselle.  Hopefully we can put something together.

2372ighost

Maybe an afternoon/evening  meet and greet north of Bham would work for the majority. I'm in Gardendale.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Scooter

I am south and east of Montgomery, however, seems most are B-ham and northern. Set a date that works for you guys and I will make it if I can. With grandkids being out of school now and all parents working, the grandparents are running a babysitting service about everyday. Along with some health issues, I too are hurting for riding time. But I'll do what I can to make it if at all possible. By September, I will be freed up again and can do more..
Scooter

Moto Guzzi

July 25-29 I did a road trip up to Heindl Engineering Ural Open House and Rally in Eaton, Ohio.  Just over 1000 miles round trip on my 2013 Ural.  I will be posting about the trip over in Ride Reports.

renchinrider

Can't wait to see your ride report!  I am really enthused about all I've read about the 2019 Urals, and would really like to figure out how to get one! :-\
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Moto Guzzi

Quote from: renchinrider on August 04, 2019, 07:26:10 PM
Can't wait to see your ride report!  I am really enthused about all I've read about the 2019 Urals, and would really like to figure out how to get one! :-\

Ride report is up. 

I'm sure @polarissalesman  could help you out with a 2019,  ;D.  Or the fine folks at Lake Guntersville Powersports.

I wanted to test ride a 2019 at the Open House, but the only demo bike he had was sold on Friday, a day before the Open House.  Not enough time to set up another demo bike unfortunately.  A couple who were on an extended trip had issues with their then-current Ural (rode in running on one cylinder), so they traded it in on the demo bike, a 2019 Bumblebee.  A  Bumblebee is a version that Heindl has developed, bright yellow with black powertrain.  The couple who bought the Bumblebee came back on Saturday for the Open House. Very nice looking Ural!  I would love to have one myself.

According to the co-owner, any dealer can place an order for one.......just have to request a "Heindl Bumblebee".

Heindl Bumblebee

https://youtu.be/_rHQBEHFY3Q

Here is an assembly video of a Bumblebee (it's a bit long but well worth watching)

https://youtu.be/u2YmjclpTQs

And a shorter video about the custom colors Heindl can get

https://youtu.be/Y3WPgpx2EEs

Moto Guzzi

Ural Ride Day for 2019 is coming up on Saturday, September 7th.  Free sidecar rides!  I gave 12 rides last year, looking to do that and more this year.  I know of one other Ural rider who is planning on participating.  Anyone else going to participate?

I'm going to put a post in the "Events" topic also.

https://www.imz-ural.com/ural-ride-day

Moto Guzzi

I have created a "Ural Riders of Alabama" Facebook group.  Open to any sidecar owners or people who are interested in sidecars.  I'm thinking of setting up a meet-n-greet after the first of the year.  Any interest?  Come join the Faceboook group too!

Moto Guzzi

Preliminary discussion on having a Ural gathering in the Birmingham area (probably Oneonta) soon.  Exact time and date TBD.  Main discussion over on the Facebook group but I will post updates here.  I'm not the organizer, but I can find out if all brands of sidecars are welcome, if there is any interest from non-Ural owners.

Scooter

I am interested, if other rigs are allowed. However I am currently going through some serious back issues, but hope to be better very soon. Thanks for posting here, as I am one of the few who don't use Facebook...
Scooter

Moto Guzzi

My 2013 Ural Gear Up has been sidelined for about a month with a front brake caliper issue. Last Friday I got it back together and took it for a short 20 mile test ride.

All went well on Friday so on Sunday I took it on a longer ride, about 110 miles total. I also rode it to work on Monday.  So far so good, the caliper issue has not reappeared.

First up was a stop in the Turkey Creek Nature Preserve, a favorite spot.

Next stop was at the long closed Calvert Produce Market.

Followed by the booming town of County Line.

The next few are from Arkadelphia, AL.

I then rode over to Garden City River Park via County Road 509 which runs along the Mulberry Fork river.

An old Upholstery Shop in "downtown" Garden City, may have been a General Store/Service Station at some point, there is an old island out front that is similar to many that were used for 2 gas pumps.

Another old store/service station, this one is in Locust Fork, AL

Lunch was at a local Burger King. Since so many fast food places in our area have closed the lobby area, I opted to enjoy one of the many benefits of a sidecar.

This structure in Palmerdale has always intrigued me, it sits next to a small stream. If it was larger I would guess an old mill of some type, but there isn't any evidence of a mill wheel on the stream side.

Cock of the Roost says that's all for today!

2372ighost

My ural has been neglected lately due to me riding other bikes. This reminds me to fire it up and get out. I ride those same areas when I exercise one of the herd.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder