Main Menu

Last Ride of the Year, Dec. 29

Started by Nice Goat, December 02, 2018, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Nice Goat

Where: Stagecoach Cafe, Stockton, AL
Time: 8:00am - 1:00pm

May ride down the day before and spend the night.  Post up if you're going.

Looking forward to the 22nd Annual Last Ride of the Year at the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama on December 29th.

Joyce Overstreet and her awesome staff at the Stagecoach Cafe will be serving great southern cooking for breakfast and lunch.

As always, we will have an awards ceremony at 12 noon and you must be present to win.

We encourage young riders, so there is an award for the youngest rider to ride their own motorcycle to the event. Some of y'all are competitive, so passengers are not eligible, because someone might strap a baby seat on their luggage rack.

We encourage older riders, so there is an award for the oldest rider to ride their motorcycle to the event. Trikes are always welcome, but are not eligible for awards.

We encourage riders to keep vintage bikes on the road, so we have an award for the oldest motorcycle ridden to the event. Trailering a bike to the parking lot across the street and riding across the street does not count...just sayin'.

The event started as a long distance rider gathering, so we have an award for the longest distance ridden to the event on a motorcycle. This is the distance ridden, since the rider left home, on consecutive days with no days off the bike, to get to the event. Be prepared to present Iron Butt style receipts for your ride if requested.

If the weather is good, we usually get more than 600 bikes in the parking lot and across the street. If the weather is cold and wet, we usually get around 200 to 300 hard core riders who will ride through anything to visit with friends over a meal of great southern cooking.

All types of bikes are welcome. We have American and metric cruisers, sport bikes, sport tourers, full dress tourers, adventure bikes, dual-sports, very cool vintage bikes, sidecars, trikes, and long distance rigs with aux fuel tanks, multiple GPS units, and lots of lights. It does not matter what brand or style your prefer, this is a gathering of folks who love to ride motorcycles.

So make your plans now to join your friends, or show up and make new friends, on December 29th. The parking lot will start filling up before 7am and will be mostly empty by 2pm CST.

Hope to see you there!
John Harrison
IBA#203
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

I'm planning on being there again.  Glad it's on 30th.  The college playoffs are on Saturday.  So bourbon and football on Saturday, and some riding and BS'ing on Sunday.  Looks like a good weekend.

2372ighost

Just got a post on Alabama Dual Sport.
The ride is on the 29th of December. There was a mix up.. I'm unable to copy paste.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Mulley

From John Harrison (event organizer)
The event is now December 29th.

News flash!

The Cafe has just informed me tonight that they are unable to host the event on the 30th this year. There was apparently some miscommunication last month when I thought the 30th was confirmed with the staff.

I know many of you plan vacation time around the event always being on the 30th. All I can do at this point is apologize for this late change in the date to Saturday the 29th.

I would appreciate everyone sharing this  change in date with your groups, clubs, forums, and lists.

If this unexpected change keeps you from being able to attend, I am very sorry and I hope you will make plans to attend next year.

John Harrison
IBA#203
Host of the Annual Last Ride of the Year
Always on Dec 30th, except in 2018...
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Nice Goat

jrou111

There's a possibility I might be there  8)

Al Goodwin

DANG...I'm working nights that weekend.

Y'all have a safe and enjoyable ride.

gulfcoaster

Welp, bourbon & football afterwards then!! ;D

renchinrider

I'll see y'all there!  Looks like (tentatively) three of us (2 from Huntsville, 1 from Cullman) from the Vintage Club are riding down on Saturday morning.  I'm corresponding with a couple of you already, and will continue to do so as the date approaches.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Stagecoach!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

LawnmowerRG

I think I may do this again this year. I will do the marathon ride down and back Saturday.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

renchinrider

I'm another step toward making it to the Stagecoach:  Bought a new back tire earlier this week.  Got it in two days ago, mounted it this morning.  Going to get it balanced, and should have the bike back together and ready to roll before dark! ;D ;D
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

I've never attended, and though I'm not likely to this year either, I would like to check with you veterans of the event to make sure I understand the concept.

This started as a distance ride with Stagecoach Café as the destination.  It has grown to a larger event bringing in many riders with awards still presented for distance and an opportunity for friends old and new to get together for fun, food, and fellowship.

It is still a gathering at a destination, but there is no group ride.  Individuals and small groups may get out and explore independently but the official ride is whatever it takes for you to get to the café and have lunch.

Does that sound correct?

Nice Goat

Chuck A.

I rode to the beach to past summer taking all back roads down from Hartselle. Stopped for a drink and a restroom break at a store. Looked across the road and said well I'll be darned...... There was the Stagecoach café. Had no idea where I was at the time. Talk about in the middle of no where.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Chuck & Susan

@Chuck A.  You really had just past the middle of nowhere only a few miles back. You where on the fringe of civilization again.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066