News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Last Ride of the Year, Dec. 29

Started by Nice Goat, December 02, 2018, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck & Susan

Just to let everyone know... I & maybe Susan will be leaving the house rain or shine about 8am. The plan is to meet with @gulfcoaster in the Rousses parking lot at the intersection of US hwy 31 & Al Hwy 225. We plan to leave there about 9am heading up to Stagecoach. Anyone that would like to meet us is welcome. I'm easy to spot. I'm the old fart on a black and grey GoldWing.

If anyone would like accommodations Friday or Saturday night we might can help. Sofa, recliners, or air mattresses are available at Susan's B & B. Just contact us if interested. And trailering down won't be held against you.

The forecast is looking kinda iffy for Saturday. there is a 50% change it won't rain. But it's just water and I know I won't melt....

If anyone want's to stay over Saturday night we will have the playoff games on the big screen. 65in

For those that ride down that morning please look for us. Remember I am half blind and my not recognize you at first.

Safe travels to everyone and hope to see ya Saturday!!

And Merry Christmas!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

renchinrider

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on December 23, 2018, 03:09:09 PM
@Chuck A.  You really had just past the middle of nowhere only a few miles back. You where on the fringe of civilization again.

:D :D :D
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

LawnmowerRG

Anyone from the Bham area going on down and back Saturday?

I will plan to be there. I just have one small hitch. A good friends mom passed away yesterday morning (yes Christmas). If the funeral gets schedule for Saturday I will be backing out of the ride.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

2372ighost

I would like to hookup with anyone going from or through the Birmingham area on the way south.
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

LawnmowerRG

Ok plans are made. I am all in Saturday.
Traditional meeting spot for Birmingham is the Shell/ KFC at 119 and I65.
I'm thinking plan to leave by 6:30.
That gives us 1.5 extra hr. For gas and stuff.
Who's in? Springer

I think I am changing my plans though. I am thinking I will use the invitation from Chick and Susan on Saturday night. The reason being I would like to detour on sunday going home. There is a little town off 43 called Nicholsville. The story is that my great great great great,? Grandfather on my moms side moved here here from Scotland and founded that town. There is a church there he built still holding service.

gulfcoaster

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on December 27, 2018, 12:44:21 PM
Ok plans are made. I am all in Saturday.
Traditional meeting spot for Birmingham is the Shell/ KFC at 119 and I65.
I'm thinking plan to leave by 6:30.
That gives us 1.5 extra hr. For gas and stuff.
Who's in? Springer

I think I am changing my plans though. I am thinking I will use the invitation from Chick and Susan on Saturday night. The reason being I would like to detour on sunday going home. There is a little town off 43 called Nicholsville. The story is that my great great great great,? Grandfather on my moms side moved here here from Scotland and founded that town. There is a church there he built still holding service.
Had to Google that one. But it looks like a few good options to get back to bham from Nicholsville. 25 to centerville then over to 5 would put you just on the west side of Tannehill. Not sure where in Bham you live. But I've taken 5 up several times.  From my house in Daphne, to my parents in Hoover without touching an interstate.  Nice easy ride.

LawnmowerRG

I live in moody Gulfcoaster.
I don't plan to take but about 4 miles of interstate total.

I have a news artical about that  grand father. I will see if I can find it and bring it with me.

Chuck & Susan

Sooooo...we have will have two guests?  That is awesome.  The more the merrier. 

See ya'll Saturday.

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

2372ighost

LawnmowerRG
I can meet you at the 119 shell station at 6:30 in the morning.
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

springer

I am out, lack of funds...still waiting on the government.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

mojo1

I will meet y'all at the shell station. Should be there about 6:20.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

renchinrider

I and my ol' buddy Raymond, along with Raymond's son-in-law are traveling down from Huntsville.  We'll hit Birmingham about 7:30, so it looks like we'll miss your group.

But we'll see you at the Stagecoach between 11:30 and 12! :) ;D :)

This is gonna be fun...and even more so 'cause I get to hang out with Chuck and Susan (and the others of you coming over) afterwards! ;D

renchinrider

Quote from: springer on December 28, 2018, 06:11:38 PM
I am out, lack of funds...still waiting on the government.

:'( :-[ :'(

Chuck & Susan

We were there...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066