News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Score! Harbor freight MC TIRE changer!

Started by 01YZF6, October 07, 2015, 05:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01YZF6

So browsing online the other day and noticed they had the mc tire changer back in stock. O had a 25% off coupon and saw a few other things too.

Soooo .... I called my local HF to see if they had em in stock...YUP!

got to the store and saw they had an open box BASE marked cheap, and it had all the parts.
Got the MC changer top, and also scored on a separate bead breaker too!
With my coupon I PAID under $100 for everything!

Pretty stoked about it and already spooned my son's rear tire.

Now... It is not perfect, but watching a few yt vids for tips and tricks is helpful!
And to solve the issue with the axle bar (its 1") I bought a 20 mm coupler and a 12" piece of 3/4 " all thread ( couldn't find 20 mm) and coupled them together. Works like a charm.
You can also use a 3' piece of 1/2" conduit. And slide a garden hose or other rubber tubing over it. (Completely replaces the axle bar tube)

Also, there is a guy who makes and sells inserts for the wheel clamps, but they are $30 a set. They are rim safe locking clamps. Saw it in adv rider.
http://www.mojotiretools.com/mojoblocks.htm

, if you have a coupon code you order them online while they are in stock, and get just the MC base and top for about $75 shipped

springer

Dang, that is pretty sweet and the price is cheep! Good deal!!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

scrappyjon

Harbor freight seems to be very biker friendly.  I have a chain tool and a lift from them.