News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State...April 5-7

Started by Al Goodwin, January 09, 2019, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sweeper

I'll be out in the morning. Was planning to ride the DRZ but just read the 100 miles after gas stop and think maybe I'll be on the CB500X instead.  I'm not set up to camp so I won't be staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWJohn

The 100 miles after a gas stop worries me as well. I have a small fuel bottle I will be bringing.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

thinwater

"The 100 miles after a gas stop worries me "  Just curious, how far do you expect you can go on the OEM fuel tank alone?

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

David DoubleEX

We will have a lot of bikes there and should be able to borrow some fuel from another bike if necessary. Last year, Kyle borrowed some from me. Wait doesn't this mean he owes me? Haha!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

griff

That's why Kyle isn't coming this year.  :D
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

KevinB

I'm going to try and be there in the morning. Just left the doc's office with a steroid shot and some decongestant.

lazeebum

If y'all see this, I may meet y'all at Chef Troys. I'm gonna be on pavement with my lady friend.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

klaviator

Al and Meloney, thanks again for organizing this fantastic event.  I had a great time.

I have started a ride report here: http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3480.msg31377#msg31377

griff

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Jwwr

I had a great time! I really appreciate all the effort you both put into this to make it so much fun!

TWJohn

This ride was an absolute blast. The effort put into it was great. Nobody hurt is always good. Thank you Al amd Melony!
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Sweeper

It was an awesome day! There are some treacherous old folks in this group. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2372ighost

Another weekend of building memories with great riders. Thanks to all, and especially Al and Meloney.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TFancher

This was as close to perfect as it gets. Great food, great people, great weather (most of the time), and a great day of riding. Thanks Melony and Allen.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.