Suggested Scenery found coming home from Southern Discovery TN rally

Started by thinwater, April 19, 2019, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

The wife and I put 413 miles on our bikes from Friday morning 10am to Saturday night 7pm this past weekend (RE Himalayan, and Honda CRF250L).  We went to the Southern Discovery rally near Hohenwald TN, camped off of the bikes, rode a trail Friday and Saturday and rode home.  On the way home I saw some new to me territory and I thought I'd share.  North of Lynville TN and Lynville Tn itself are georgeous!  I'd suggest a nice street backroad ride into TN the backroads way up toward McBurg, through Beechill, to Lynville, then Campbell's Station TN and find your way back.  My youngest brother swears by Hwy31 BBQ in Lynville, just FYI.  In case you've never been that way, and want to ride but can't think of where to go........

Nice Goat

That whole area west of Pulaski to the Tennessee River is fun riding.  It's scenic and remote.  I always feel like I've gone back in time when I ride around there.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Yep, Tennessee is full of great riding whether you ride street or dirt.  I have seen rides posted going to Soda Pop Junction in Lynville but haven't been there myself.  I'm planning on doing some exploring in TN the coming months and hopefully leading some fun rides there.

I have a feeling it will take years to really explore the area.  It's a tough job but somebody has to do it ;D

TC

That is a great area to ride.  Would be a nice ride through Paint Rock Valley on the way up, spend the night near Nashville then come back through Bell Buckle then over Signal Mountain, then up Suck Creek Road and over Monteagle and back roads back to BHM. I will try to put that together in a couple of weeks.  Can't do it this weekend, wife has to work Sat. and she would not like me doing that ride without her.