News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tellico Plains

Started by polarissalesman, July 23, 2019, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

I have the opportunity to ride to Tellico Plains after work Saturday, solo.. This will be a new adventure for sure. Wife is going with our daughter to Mobile and the beach for a cple days is why I'm going w/o my Spyder riding BFF. I'll ride Sunday in the area and then on Monday I'll make my way back toward home. 3 reasons for the trip, 1 is who passes up a chance to ride to TP. and 2 is to check out some economy cabins I have found. 3. is to ride ride ride  :)
"keep the rubber side down"

polarissalesman

well, this may should be in ride report. But I got to Tellico at 9:30 pm Saturday night, I hate Chatahell took me over an hour to go 1 mile. but I had a safe trip and I got there so all is good. Sunday I got up early ate a breakfast bar, had coffee and filled up with gas and I was off. I rode the Cherahola Skyway toward Robbinsville, then took the road thru Joyce Kilmer Forest over to Tappaco lodge and then to deals gap. I didn't even stop there were so many ppl there I hit the dragon and didn't stop till I got to the lookout.  From there I went to the foothills parkway which is a nice change of pace after coming off the dragon. I have to say the new section of the parkway is a great addition. I circled back around and ate lunch in Townsend. Then after lunch, I made my way back to the cabin where I took a short nap. I got up then I rode to Bald River Falls, then took 39 to 315 to 30 then made my way back to the cabin before it got dark.  I ate a lite supper of leftover Krystals from the night b4.  Monday I got up b4 daylight and headed out. Note to myself check the dang gas gauge, somehow I thought I had filled up the night b4, I DIDN'T !!! there aren't any gas stations from Blairsville Ga to Dahlonega ga. I was on fumes and coasting as much as possible and sweating it... then from Dahlonega to Dawsonville, Calhoun, Rome, Cedar Bluff, Gadsden Back to Hamilton. It was a LOOOONG hot trip b4 the day was done. I had a good trip and I learned I will never travel through Chatanooga ever again.... As for the Yamaha Super Tenere it was super awesome.  From Saturday afternoon at 3:00 pm till Monday afternoon at 3:30 pm I rode a total of 977 miles...

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

polarissalesman

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

KevinB

Sounds like a nice weekend for sure.

Where were those cabins?

polarissalesman

Quote from: KevinB on July 31, 2019, 08:41:30 PM
Sounds like a nice weekend for sure.

Where were those cabins

Tellico Beach... if you know where the HD tshirt shop is,,,, they are straight across the river ...Mt view cabins in tellico plains ... great ppl to work with...