News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Podcast Guests Needed

Started by Slablog, February 09, 2020, 01:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slablog

Hi folks! I have only posted a few times here and rode with a couple of you on one occasion. Sadly I haven't been riding my bike much at all this past year or so, which I need to remedy.

The reason for this post is to make this group aware of the motorcycle themed podcast I am hosting along with two of my brothers. Its just appropriately named Slablog and can be accessed at iTunes and Stitcher at the moment. Nothing earth-moving just yet. Just a fun hobby for us. We try to meet once a week and record discussions and interviews, giving it a comedic slant but mostly about motorcycles and motorcycling. Then I take what we record and create a podcast in post production. My goal is to produce one per week. So far we have done 3 and you are welcome, even encouraged, to go listen to them to get an idea of what we're doing.

Now I come to my request. I NEED guests! Anyone frequenting this board is a potential guest on our show. We want to talk with riders, mechanics, dealers, or anyone else about motorcycling. All you have to do is post up here or PM me and I'll get back to you with details.

I live in Atmore and our little recording studio is in my home at the present with plans to move to my back workshop building in the near future. Right now we are limited to recording at this site but eventually will have remote telephone recording also for those who cannot travel here to join us. The recording sessions would only last no more than 30 minutes of your time.

We aren't doing this for money so I'm not asking for ads or offering any kind of payment for your cooperation. Just another fun motorcycle related adventure.
If for any reason I am not supposed to post here for this request, just let me know, and I'll be glad to move this or take it down. Don't want to cause any problems.

But let me know if you want to do this. Thanks.

Phil Albritton

Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

Slablog

Haven't heard from anyone here on this request yet, although I see 3 "likes" at the bottom.  ;)

Feel free to contact me and let me fill you in on what we're doing. I have some necessary cables arriving this next week for telephone interviewing capacity, and that should make it a lot more convenient to get on the show with us.

I assure you we are not professionals and just having a good time talking to people. And we all know there is no shortage of conversation topics surrounding motorcycling. PM me here or just give me, Phil, a call: 678-577-9895 (I'm in Atmore but still using my Georgia cell number).

Thanks, and look forward to talking to some of you.
Phil A.
Slablog Podcasts

Al Goodwin

Nice Goat

Sounds interesting!  I'm game!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Slablog

Great! Nice Goat, can you PM me and I'll share my cell phone number and we can set up a time to call in...or if you are within reasonable commute distance you are welcome to physically join us in one of our recording sessions.
Let me know
Phil Albritton
Slablog Podcasts

Nice Goat

Hey, in case anybody else is confused, as I was....

There is a wide gulf between Atmore and Ardmore.

jrobinson

Quote from: Nice Goat on March 02, 2020, 06:22:39 PM
Hey, in case anybody else is confused, as I was....

There is a wide gulf between Atmore and Ardmore.

Not much difference when you have a motorcycle.  8)

Nice Goat

Quote from: jrobinson on March 02, 2020, 07:26:19 PM
Not much difference when you have a motorcycle.  8)

Having a motorcycle is not the problem ... I need more weekend!

Slablog

jrobinson, I like the way you think. ;)

Anyone else considering being a podcast guest, just remember Atmore is WAY south...but this can be done over the phone. Just get with me and we can set up a time to call in.
Slablog Podcasts

Slablog

Our Slablog podcast hosts had an excellent "phone-in" visit with our very own Nice Goat yesterday. And thanks to him we were able to get a plug in for the forum here. If you would like to listen to that podcast, just check it out at your favorite podcast venue, like iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play. I also have it available at the website; slablog.net

Anyone else thinking about doing this, we'd love to include you. EVERYBODY has a story to tell, and we like hearing from anybody. So give me a shout and we'll set it up.
Thanks
Phil A. aka Slablog
Slablog Podcasts

jrobinson

Good job on the podcast Glenn. It was entertaining and I enjoyed listening to the interview.

Nice Goat

It's amazing how fast 15 minutes goes when you are talking with good people about something you love!

2372ighost

Great job Glenn!! Kudos to you!!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Sadlsor

So, slablog, I guess you didn't get my PM?
Maybe it was email, but I thought I reached out on here.
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.

Slablog

Oh man! No, I didn't get the message. I'm very sorry. I'll check the message board again. You can text me a message on my phone if you like: 678-577-9895

Slablog aka Phil
Slablog Podcasts