News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Looking for fall colors in TN

Started by klaviator, October 18, 2020, 06:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

It was a beautiful but chilly morning as I took my dog for a walk at around 7:30. The roofs in my neighborhood all had frost on them. By the time I got on the road around 8 it had warmed up into the 40s. I arrived at the Shell in Ardmore just before 9 and was surprised by a group of bikes there. It turned out was just a random rider and the others were headed for a different ride.

@thinwater , @Pepperlady and @jrm927 were headed for some dual sport exploring. Only @SoloRider73 was there to meet me. We were planning a "street" ride with a lot of stops for pics. Hopefully we would find some nice fall colors.

We headed out and were on some nice country roads almost immediately.

Ronnie was on one of his Moto Guzzis.

I told him I would be stopping a lot to take pics and before long I did.

klaviator

Another picture stop.

It was obvious that the leaves were nowhere near their peak colors. It was such a gorgeous day that it was still beautiful out here and the bright sunlight accented what color was there. We were stopped here for maybe 10 minutes and no cars came by. Ronnie mad a pass for some action pics.

klaviator

We were riding along on 129 when I saw an interesting spot so we U turned and went back to check it out. Since there were only two of us this wasn't a problem.

Pretty cool spot.

I brought my Sony along and used it for the pics at this stop. I rarely use it anymore.

This house was not too far off but the Sony's zoom brought it much closer.

There were a bunch of deer in front of the house when we first pulled up.

We talked for a while before mounting back up. We were in no hurry and had no real plan other than enjoying the day.

We headed down the dead end road we were on but didn't go far before turning around. one more pic of the creek.

klaviator

We rode some more.

Stopping for pics when we felt like it.

Did I mention it was an absolutely beautiful day? It had warmed up into the 60s.

Somehow our street ride ended up on a dirt road ::)

klaviator

Back on the pavement.

Passing through Lynneville I saw a picture opportunity.

Lunch was at the 31 BBQ.

We had a really long lunch before getting back on the road.

Riding back through Lynneville.

thinwater

Got pics of the same Cobra the same day at Pritchards Distillery about 10am.

klaviator

After Lynneville we got on some chip and seal roads that had beautiful scenery but also a lot of loose gravel. That took the fun out of the curves but I was enjoying the scenery. It was already late afternoon and the sun was getting low making some great lighting for pics.

I've stopped and take pics at this intersection before but this time I climbed around and took pics from various angles.

That house has a nice view.

The road followed this creek for a ways.

klaviator

What a beautiful area to ride!

I've been here before on previous rides. I still didn't really know where we were.

I figured if I kept the sun mostly to our right we'd eventually get where we wanted to go.

klaviator

We were just cruising along.

And we came to a spot where I just had to stop.

I just knew I could get a good pic here.

We eventually found our way back to Ardmore and then headed home. I ended up riding less than 200 miles but it was a great day. No plan, and only two of us made for a relaxing but fun day. The weather was about as good as it gets. The scenery speaks for itself in my pics. I just love it when a plan (or lack thereof) comes together :)

Hopefully I'll get another fantastic day like this when the leaves are at their peak.

Next on my agenda his heading to Tellico Plains for a few days of dual sport riding. My plan is to head there on Thursday but I may bump that up to Wednesday. Return will be on Sunday.