2021, what are you planning, hoping for or thinking about?

Started by klaviator, February 09, 2021, 05:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merkur Man

My wife and I were headed to Nova Scotia back in the late 90's. We made it to St Johns New Brunswick. I only had 9 days to make the trip, and we did not have enough time to ride or take a ferry over to Nova Scotia.
We spent several days just in Bar Harbor Maine, and 3 days riding around the St John's area.
The east coast up that way is gorgeous. You will enjoy it, but be prepared to spent some extra time sight seeing along the way.
Oh, and be prepared for the funny accent them folks have up there. Makes me still laugh just thinking about it.

norton73

Like they didn't think you had a funny accent?

:D

I'm hoping to do the MABDR this year. I have a trip planned to Idaho for all of July, but no motorcycles will be involved. Hopefully September or early October will make the MABDR or SM500 happen.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Gam

I can't settle on anything, my brain is going all over the country.

Merkur Man

Quote from: norton73 on April 18, 2021, 09:01:30 PM
Like they didn't think you had a funny accent?

:D

Funny story about the trip while riding in New Hampshire:
Its getting dark, we are both dog tired, and were looking for our hotel. So I see a police car sitting off in a side street. "I'll just ask them for some directions".
I ask the officer for directions. He starts talking with that real funny accent, and my wife starts squeezing her legs together, and clenching her fists in my side, because she's holding back the laughter. I'm trying to listen to his directions as he's moving his hands around - "Ya gode downed der andya turnded to da ryght" - I can hear her whimpering as she's trying not to laugh out load. Finally he finishes and I thank him. As we pull away, she cant hold it any longer and we both start laughing hysterically. Luckily I was riding the Harley so I don't think he heard us.

polarissalesman

well a couple of things has happened in 21... Bought LuAnn (wife) a  2020 spyder to upgrade from her 2014. I also started the Mystery Supper rides back up after a year hiatus. Had one rain out and actually held one had 19 to show up...the Next 1 will be 5/15 @ 3:30 at MotorSportsSuperStore in Hamilton...We were planning on going to Arkansas, BUT, we are going back to Tellico Plains and the Loose Moose Cabin as it was open on just the days I needed. I hope to do a Junkyard Dog ride before it gets to hot...
"keep the rubber side down"

Madmanmike

My 2021 finally got interesting. I finally accepted the fact that my body no longer enjoys getting sore during and after every ride. The fatboy is gorgeous, but grossly uncomfortable. So I sold her. She's gone.

I rode a Trophy for sale at midway. Wasn't  crazy about it. Felt and sounded like riding a giant sewing machine. I had a Daytona years ago and loved that bike, but again, I was much younger then.

I am currently looking for my first adventure bike. I looked at a super tenere today and was impressed. It's a little more than I was thinking about spending, but maybe I can swing it.

Open to suggestions. I want to try something new and an adventure bike fills that requirement.

Thanks for reading
Michael

klaviator

thinwater

Quote from: Madmanmike on July 16, 2021, 07:33:02 PM
My 2021 finally got interesting.I am currently looking for my first adventure bike. I looked at a super tenere today and was impressed. It's a little more than I was thinking about spending, but maybe I can swing it.
Open to suggestions. I want to try something new and an adventure bike fills that requirement.

Triumph Tiger is the most comfortable adventure bike I've Sat on, My Himalayan is very comfortable, but you probably couldn't let yourself live with the lower power. The Guzzi 85TT is really comfortable too but unlike the Triumph I'd have to move the handlebars back and up about 1.5", which I've researched can be done with OEM control cables still on the bike.  The Guzzi I test road at Sloans and I really really liked it.  Tiger I've only sat on but it fits me like a glove, I'd not have to move anything on it just like it comes.  I'm 6'-1" 175-ish, 34" inseam.  The reason I'd need to move the handlebars back on the Guzzi is when I plant my but in the seat like its meant to be and get my knees away from the heads, my arms were lock extended, if my arms were comfortable my butt was still comfortable but my knees were just making contact with the head.  Loved that Guzzi bottom torque when I road it. 
  For what its worth.

Madmanmike

Quote from: thinwater on July 17, 2021, 05:06:42 PM
Triumph Tiger is the most comfortable adventure bike I've Sat on,

Yes. I had a triumph 20 years ago and loved it. Currently looking at a '17 Tiger Explorer in Knoxville. Might take a trailer up there next week and see what follows me home.

Michael

Joey A

I purchased a 2021 KTM 890 Adventure R earlier this year. The bike is very capable on road and off. It is extremely comfortable, and the electronic cruise control makes riding on the highway quite easy. The off road and rally modes make it like a big dirt bike. I hope to put quite a few miles on the bike the second half of the year.
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged
2021 KTM 890 ADV R

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: Madmanmike on July 18, 2021, 10:45:53 AM

Yes. I had a triumph 20 years ago and loved it. Currently looking at a '17 Tiger Explorer in Knoxville. Might take a trailer up there next week and see what follows me home.

Michael

I don't know how tall a guy you are, but at 5'11" I found the Tiger Explorer to be too stretched out for me.  I rode the one with the spoked wheels.  Nice bike otherwise.

Not sure what year trophy you test rode, but the Tiger Explorer has the same engine as the Trophy SE so there is that before you go trailering out to Knoxville. 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

TN_twowheeladdict

2021 has been back to the grind for me.  15 weeks away from home since March 3rd, 2021. 

I am doing an extended road trip up to New England this year.  Camping in the back of the truck, and carrying the KLX300SM on the carrier rack.  Going to ride in KY, WV, PA, NY, MA, NH, MD, VA, NC, and maybe ME, RI, VT.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL