News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Game I've been thinking about with Inreach Explorer

Started by thinwater, February 10, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

This may could be done only with a Smartphone, but since I don't have one I don't know a way.  Feel free to explain a way this could be done if any interest.  I have an Inreach Explorer for safety, but I can share a link with whomever to Mapshare where people could see where I am, where I've been, and which way I am pointed.  Not having a route plan line.
  I've thought it would be fun to have a quasi game of tag, where someone is "the rabbit" or "it" shares their link out to the individuals interested in it, then you have to predict where you think you can get ahead of them.  Not knowing their route just knowing where they are pointed at any time.  You win by getting in their route and either meeting them flashing your headlight, or pulled off the road safely and signaling them as they come by.
  Its just a thought, I've never had someone else mobile to share link to and see if it would work but I think it would.  This would potentially lead to accidental discoveries of good riding roads, create and excuse to hop on the bike, and could be a lot of fun.  Downside is there may not be enough people with a compatible device to get in on it with the Inreach so if someone knows how to temp set up a share group on a smartphone that could be wiped out afterwards it would open up the probablility of trying the game. 

Chuck & Susan

I'm not aware of the program that your talking about, But I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that does not carry a smart phone.....

My little flip phone works great!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

rider_marc

Participants could share their locations using Google Maps.

Requirement would be a smartphone, a Google account (logged-in), and locations shared.
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM