"Nowhere To Be and All Day To Get There" ride, camp, and cookout November 5-7

Started by Al Goodwin, July 28, 2021, 09:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Merkur Man

I plan on tent camping for this event. I will be hauling the 690 up there.
If the weather turns nasty, I'll just move inside the truck.

Will there be any Motorcycle Alabama stuff there. Like the stickers, shirts, coffee mugs, etc.?

Chitza

I don't know if @Al Goodwin  has any stickers. @Nice Goat may be able to tell you how to order a t shirt. I've already forgotten how/where :(

If you want to send me a private message with your address, I can mail you some stickers  :)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

There are a few links under Vendors (in the sticky thread).  Here's a link for t-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeves, polos, etc.

https://www.zazzle.com/mc_al_dark_t_shirt_w_white_letters-235042375475432498

Zazzle is always offering 25-30% off.  Just use the promo code.

I'm hoping to make the ride, but regardless, I'll make sure Allen has some stickers.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Nice Goat on October 27, 2021, 07:38:28 PM
There are a few links under Vendors (in the sticky thread).  Here's a link for t-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeves, polos, etc.

I'm hoping to make the ride, but regardless, I'll make sure Allen has some stickers.

I'll ride the golf cart over and pick up some stickers, if you have them at home.

Sweeper

I have some new moto camping gear to try out. Haven't tent camped in many years so one night might be just the test. I also haven't been to Flint Creek in years so that might just work too! I haven't ridden the 300 since our last DS ride in Bankhead.

Al Goodwin

Saturday breakfast will include.

....special treat of several dozen of the worlds best doughnuts from Duchess bakery.

Merkur Man

Quote from: Nice Goat on October 27, 2021, 07:38:28 PM

Thanks for the zazzle link. I see they do have some stuff on there. I'll see what's available this weekend before I order thru them.

I spent most of yesterday over at the IMS show outside of Atlanta. There was not a huge turnout, I guess because of the weather. That made it perfect for the Demo rides because there was very little waiting in lines. Test rode that Zero SR/S sport bike, which is rated at 110hp (82kW). That was impressive. Just twist the throttle and go!

Al Goodwin

Weather will be turning cooler this week.  We have firewood for Friday and Saturday night campers to huddle around a fire.

OH....and the pool is still open and running, if anybody feels like a COLD swim....LOL

Al Goodwin

I'm still working on the route...

Since we're close to Halloween, we'll stop by a couple of old cemeteries out in the forest...and Pine Torch church. 

If anyone wants to ride the Flint Creek trail, we can split up near there, and then all meet at Chef Troy's for lunch.

Merkur Man

Quote from: Al Goodwin on October 31, 2021, 11:04:44 AM
I'm still working on the route...

Since we're close to Halloween, we'll stop by a couple of old cemeteries out in the forest...and Pine Torch church. 

If anyone wants to ride the Flint Creek trail, we can split up near there, and then all meet at Chef Troy's for lunch.

Will the old cemetery ride be Saturday night!!!!!! Should I bring some wooden stakes, or silver bullets......

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Merkur Man on October 31, 2021, 08:20:36 PM
Will the old cemetery ride be Saturday night!!!!!! Should I bring some wooden stakes, or silver bullets......

That's a good idea ....I know just the cemetery we'll ride to, not this weekend, but we'll do it soon.

Deer Head Cove cemetery, near Rising Fawn, Ga...on Puddin Ridge Road.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Al Goodwin

David DoubleEX

Any idea on our group sizes for the two rides? I am STILL trying to decide between the WR for Flint Creek or the DL1000 for gravel roads.

Temps are going to be chilly so if I go to flint creek.. I might trailer it there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Johnny Tobyone

I was thinking of riding Flint sat ( haul it )   if my back recovers from my last Mtn bike ride  :)
R1200R
CRF450L