News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tellico Camp and Ride Oct 1-3

Started by klaviator, August 06, 2021, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

If the weather forecast doesn't change significantly I plan on getting to Tellico on Wednesday 9/29 and staying until Sunday.  Wednesday and Sunday will be half day rides and Thurs-Sat full day rides.

mojo1

I should be there around 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. on Thursday.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

I've come up with a tentative plan.

I plan on heading up on Wednesday. Probably get there early afternoon, set up camp and have time for a short ride before dinner.

Thursday: Ride to Deal's Gap, lunch there. Ride the fun roads behind Fontana Village and then the Gravohala back to Tellico.

Friday: Farr Gap and some exploring in that area.

Saturday: UFO landing Pad, Appalachia and Hiwassee dams, Maybe trail 81 and Buck Bald.

Sunday: Half day ride TBA

This is all subject to change but that's the plan for now.

klaviator

Some more info.

Rides will leave around 9 in the morning.  I plan on bringing some food and eating breakfast at the campground.  Wayne normally serves breakfast on Sat & Sun Mornings.  Lunch will be on the road every day.  Dinner will be back in Tellico. 

If you are coming let me know what when you expect to arrive. 

The weather forecast still looks great.  No rain, not too hot during the day and not to cold at night.

klaviator

For anyone that shows up at the campground during the day while we are out riding, we will be camping by the creek.  Look for a white Avalanche and a white Explorer.

Chuck & Susan

I'm not going to make it this weekend.... I still have things for my father to address.... But I'm still on track to be at Barbers next weekend.

Ya'll enjoy and I'll get there sooner or later.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on September 28, 2021, 11:26:19 AM
I'm not going to make it this weekend.... I still have things for my father to address.... But I'm still on track to be at Barbers next weekend.

Ya'll enjoy and I'll get there sooner or later.

Chuck

I'll see you at Barber!

Jwwr

I'm planning on being there late this afternoon.

norton73

If I can escape work early today, I'm gonna try to get up there this evening.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

TN_twowheeladdict

Any of you ever traversed Heintooga Round Bottom road on your bikes?

2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on October 03, 2021, 05:38:22 PM
Any of you ever traversed Heintooga Round Bottom road on your bikes?

Yes, many times.  That road is near Maggie Valley, not near Tellico.

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: klaviator on October 03, 2021, 05:45:49 PM
Yes, many times.  That road is near Maggie Valley, not near Tellico.

Is it mostly downhill since it is one way?
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on October 03, 2021, 07:48:19 PM
Is it mostly downhill since it is one way?

I don't remember there being much of a grade anywhere.  I guess it does go downhill.  It's not difficult.  It could be ridden on a streetbike.  It's only one way part of the way.

mojo1

Made home. Y'all missed out on some good riding in the mud yesterday. I had a blast and found some new stuff and some that I didn't want to do by myself. I rode from 8:30 to 5:00 , It never totally stopped raining. Ended up riding 135 miles for the day.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

Quote from: mojo1 on October 04, 2021, 04:08:34 PM
Made home. Y'all missed out on some good riding in the mud yesterday. I had a blast and found some new stuff and some that I didn't want to do by myself. I rode from 8:30 to 5:00 , It never totally stopped raining. Ended up riding 135 miles for the day.

You're more hard core than the rest of us for sure.  After 3 1/2 days of riding I was wore out.  I would have ridden another half day if the weather was nice but taking down my tent in the rain would have sucked.  Did you find a rain suit somewhere?