News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Gymkhana 10/23

Started by LawnmowerRG, October 19, 2021, 08:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

LawnmowerRG

We finally got the city to give us the permit.

Gymkhana 10/23 at the Bike Shop in Leeds al.
8001 parkway drive

Starts at 10am till about 3.

Lunch provided.

Bring your Motorcycle and be ready to have fun.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

klaviator

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

jrobinson

Sweeper

I'll miss another. I'm working sweep for Suzuki demos out of Oxford today and tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

Thanks @LawnmowerRG , @Chitza , @jrobinson , and @KrisCook  and whoever else had a hand in setting up or organizing this event!  My crew all had a blast, and they all leveled up in riding skill, and have been talking about it all the ride home.   ;D

jrobinson

Quote from: thinwater on October 23, 2021, 08:30:11 PM
Thanks @LawnmowerRG , @Chitza , @jrobinson , and @KrisCook  and whoever else had a hand in setting up or organizing this event!  My crew all had a blast, and they all leveled up in riding skill, and have been talking about it all the ride home.   ;D
Glad to help. They all improved as the day went on.

I'll look at putting on a dirt gymkhana later in the fall or first of next year.

Sent from somewhere  on the road, I hope.

klaviator

Thanks to Rodney for setting this up as well as everyone else who helped to make this possible.  As always I had a great time and it was great to be able to see and hang out with all the cool kids!

Of course I took a few pics.

Riding down with James, Johnny and Chuck.

klaviator

Some cone killing action.

jrobinson

I need more practice, but here's what I got.
Click on link for video from Saturday

https://vimeo.com/638491142/dbac3a6374

klaviator

Quote from: jrobinson on October 24, 2021, 09:50:43 PM

Good job!  The drone definitely gives a different perspective than a video shot from the ground would.

klaviator

Chuck A.

It was good to see you folks. Really enjoyed seeing the 2 young girls improving as the day went. Wanted to ride the course but wrestling 975 lbs bike 2 days after an auto accident just was not in favor on the back and neck. Riding down and back home about did me in.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

thinwater

Quote from: jrobinson on October 24, 2021, 09:50:43 PM

That was awesome.

Guidedawg

Thanks for the video.  Admittedly, I've never seriously considered attending because I assumed it was all very crowded with skilled riders on nimble bikes who would only shake their heads sadly at a fat man on an even heavier motorcycle.  However, the video demonstrated realistic obstacles, a variety of bikes, and we all KNOW this is a friendly and supportive group.

So as long as folks are friendly and will help lift a bike...multiple times if necessary, I hope to attend in the future.