News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Suzuki Demo truck

Started by Merkur Man, October 22, 2021, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merkur Man

The Suzuki demo truck is at Speedzone of Oxford, today and Saturday.
I just test rode the new V-Strom 1050, and there was no waiting in line!
I rode the yellow one, because its the fastest color...... ;)
They have several V-Strom 1050 and 650's. Dr650 and DRZ400 as well.
They also have 2 of the new Hyasusa's on the line.
The demo route was a nice ride too.

Sweeper

I'm riding sweep for the rides today and tomorrow until five. We've got a nice twisty thirty minute route. Y'all come out and ride. The new 1050 Vstrom is really nice. Rode the Katana this morning and it's pretty cool as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeper

I don't know where the fail was but @Merkur Man was the only test rider on Friday! It was a long day. Saturday we rode all day without stopping for lunch. A couple of guys rode bikes all day. I rode most of the bikes they had except the busa and the M109. I'm not into big heavy machinery anymore. I have to admit that I came away with a few surprises. The new VStrom 1050 is a really nice bike and felt nothing like the older models that I had ridden. The new Katana is actually comfortable and fun to ride. The SV650 would be a great beginner bike. They have a new setup that allows you to let out the clutch with no throttle and it just walks away. It would be great for around town or blasting twisty roads. The GSX750 would be my pick of the day. It is based on an older GSXR motor with loads of torque and its really comfortable and fairly light. I was really surprised because I had no interest until I rode it. I've said many times about my CB500x "don't read the specs, you have to ride it." and can say the same here. If you see a demo truck, go ride some bikes. It was huge fun as well. The ride home last night made we wish the CB had a few more ponies.

klaviator

If not for Gymkhana I might have ridden down for this on Saturday but I wasn't going to miss Gymkhana! 

Sweeper

Hated that I had to AGAIN! I had committed to this a couple of weeks ago. I'll keep watching for the next one.

klaviator

Quote from: Sweeper on October 24, 2021, 05:48:58 PM
Hated that I had to AGAIN! I had committed to this a couple of weeks ago. I'll keep watching for the next one.

How did you get asked to be involved in the demo rides?  It sounds like a pretty good deal unless it conflicts with something else.

Sweeper

My buddy is a certified Total Control Instructor and they provide teams for most manufacturers demo rides. His son couldn't make it and I was close. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

terryrussell1

If possible and you hear about any upcoming demo rides can you please post. I would have gone to this but didn't find out till to late. Friday would have been perfect for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Sweeper

There will be a bunch this weekend at IMS show in Atlanta.

terryrussell1

Thank-you

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

TN_twowheeladdict

Didn't even know Suzuki EVER did demo tours.  Honda either for that matter.  I've been to several Kawasaki Demo tours when they came out with new models 10 to 12 years ago, and a Yamaha demo ride in 2018. 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL