News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

In search of a podcasting guest

Started by lastparrot, October 28, 2015, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastparrot

I have recently created the Throttled Podcast (throttledpodcast.com).  After posting my first two episodes it has become very apparent that I am missing something from the show.  I believe that something is a dialog and potential differing point of view.  If you are interested please send me a PM and we can discuss potential details at that point. 

Also, if you aren't interested but listen to the show, please leave some feedback on how you think I might be able to improve the show.

Thanks

Nice Goat

I've never really gotten into podcasts or talk radio, but I downloaded and listened to your two episodes today.  I think that you are off to a great start.  Sound quality is good, and the topics are interesting.  You biggest challenge is building a listener base.  There are thousands of podcasts to choose from, so it will take time.  I will offer a little friendly feedback.  The 15 seconds of music at the beginning is a little long.  I would start for about three seconds of music, and then start to fade it out as you introduce yourself and the podcast.  Then go right into the show.  The 15 seconds of music at the end is fine, since the podcast is over and we can click out of it.  The only other thing that I noticed was that you kind of got stuck on the possibilities of using tablets as instrument clusters.  It dragged a little there, but otherwise, I enjoyed both episodes.  And I subscribed!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

terryrussell1

Im interested in subscribing, but I have no idea what this is. Can u post up a link or is there an app on Android that let's me listen

terryrussell1

Never mind I figured it out. Typed the website in wrong.

lastparrot

Quote from: gharshman on October 28, 2015, 04:56:26 PM
I've never really gotten into podcasts or talk radio, but I downloaded and listened to your two episodes today.  I think that you are off to a great start.  Sound quality is good, and the topics are interesting.  You biggest challenge is building a listener base.  There are thousands of podcasts to choose from, so it will take time.  I will offer a little friendly feedback.  The 15 seconds of music at the beginning is a little long.  I would start for about three seconds of music, and then start to fade it out as you introduce yourself and the podcast.  Then go right into the show.  The 15 seconds of music at the end is fine, since the podcast is over and we can click out of it.  The only other thing that I noticed was that you kind of got stuck on the possibilities of using tablets as instrument clusters.  It dragged a little there, but otherwise, I enjoyed both episodes.  And I subscribed!
Thanks for the feedback.  I have been thinking of changing the intro a bit.

BOOTYHUNTER

I listened your 1st show today. I listen to a wide variety of podcasts nearly everyday and I agree that the sound quality is excellent and that you are off to a solid start! Good luck with the show! I look forward to listening to more of your podcasts.

lastparrot

Thanks for the feedback!  If anyone has topic suggestions let me know.