News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cycle Gear moving

Started by speedfire, November 30, 2015, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfire

Heads up:  Stopped by Cycle Gear today, sign on the door saying they are moving to Hoover. No date on the sign, lady inside wasn't sure when. She just said they were moving into a larger space in Hoover.

KevinB

That sucks...for me, at least. The current location allowed me to skirt the combat commute through town to get there.  :)

JBMFT

Huh, I wonder what part of Hoover.

springer

Quote from: JBMFT on November 30, 2015, 07:08:27 PM
Huh, I wonder what part of Hoover.
Hopefully the part that is close to Hueytown.  ;)

It would be so cool if they move into The Grove shopping center. We can start up Thursday night Gymkhana again!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

speedfire

I think it said Montgomery Highway, don't remember the street #.

JBMFT

Quote from: speedfire on November 30, 2015, 07:38:11 PM
I think it said Montgomery Highway, don't remember the street #.

That means it could be anywhere between 65 and 150. I'm interested to see where they land, it is certainly good news for me.  ;D

Ryanbroome

Quote from: KevinB on November 30, 2015, 06:54:05 PM
That sucks...for me, at least. The current location allowed me to skirt the combat commute through town to get there.  :)
No doubt. I definitely won't be visiting them very much after they move.

IceCold4x4

net wipe for me, like everywhere cahaba heights is only 15 min away or less.

jrou111

The space they are in, compared to other CG stores I've been in, is relatively large.

I think it will be a net gain for them. I'm betting that the occupy one of the spaces available where they're building the Whole Foods and where Best Buy is. Or possibly over by Northern Tool.

Wherever it is, I hope that we can use their parking lot for GP8  8)

Argh Oh

Rats. It's REALLY convenient where it is now for me. Oh well.

Zeus

I would typically say I'm glad they're moving to make it more convenient to me but after my incident Sunday I was very glad they were where they are currently located. Cycle Gear saved my ass Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sctparker

Tayrn (the  manager lady )was telling a former manager,about it a few weeks ago and  the new store wasn't going to be the wedge shape so it would have more usable  room and better parking. Which doesn't mean crap to me . I like the fact  that  the tax will be 1% cheaper than it is now and the same as the Huntsville store  if they are in Hoover City limits.

KevinB

Parking lot doesn't look very "Gymkhana'able"...  :-\

Mulley

It looks pretty crappy for bike nights in general. I wish them the best. I hope they thought this through.

It's further from my house but closer to my office. So pretty much a wash for me.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Shepcam

A lot closer for me fo sho. Yall bad ass DS guys can always park in the grass :o
2013 Kawasaki Concours