| View Unread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did I do to my bike today  (Read 49611 times)

Offline KevinB

• Group Leader
  • Sr. Contributor
Re: What did I do to my bike today
« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2019, 07:39:49 PM »
Well, I jinxed myself...

Noticed my recently mounted Arena Hybrid was leaking down a little last weekend...went to load the bike this morning and it's totally flat.  >:(

Disregard my previous mention of luck or skill.
I've been vindicated!

Several days ago I demounted, replaced the rim tape, then carefully remounted the tire ensuring I used an excessive amount of soapy water...but noticed it was still slowly leaking. I figured I'd just have to live with topping it off every ride.

While removing the shock this evening for service, I noticed a tiny dribble of water under the tire. I said to myself, "Self (because that's what I call myself)...that's unusual."

I carefully inspected the tire for foreign objects (apparently much more carefully this time than last week) and found this small, jagged piece of rock lodged just under the tread carcass in a narrow slit. And because of the magic of Tubliss on a dirt bike, I stuck a rope plug in it and we're all good now.

Offline Nice Goat

• Administrator
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »
Went for a little ride on the five-honey, almost 40 miles, to get the theme tag and place a new one.  Also needed to warm up the engine for an oil and filter change, which I completed after the ride.

IBA #63019 - 2019 500 EXC-F (mine) - 2019 KLX 140 (the kid's) - https://nicegoat.smugmug.com/   - Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Offline Gam

• Contributor
« Reply #467 on: October 01, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »
I installed these sweet skull license plate fasteners on the klx today. Between these and the Waver Runner primer I installed a couple of years ago I really need to get this bike on the dyno and see how my hp has increased.

Laugh but it works, no more cold weather starting problems.

Online Fencejumper09

• Group Leader
  • Sr. Contributor
  • The Friends > The Ride > The Destination
« Reply #468 on: October 02, 2019, 08:46:22 AM »
New balancer shaft seal on the 990! Hoping this helps with the puking oil problem during extended periods of over 80 mph!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2002 YZ250 (EG295)
1985 Goldwing (ish)
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Online Fencejumper09

• Group Leader
  • Sr. Contributor
  • The Friends > The Ride > The Destination
« Reply #469 on: October 07, 2019, 04:45:49 PM »
My proof of concept on the aux lights I bought from @KevinB  for the 990. The thing about owning a rare-ish bike is that no one makes the specific item you need! Let's see how they hold up and if I can figure out the wiring!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2002 YZ250 (EG295)
1985 Goldwing (ish)
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Offline thinwater

« Reply #470 on: October 08, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
Steering Bearings 13,500 miles, lower outter race must have not gotten a correct heat treat, rollers dented into it.  Felt like a ball detent to drive straight option.