News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

helmets with internal shaded visor

Started by Gam, March 24, 2016, 11:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

I haven't picked one out yet, but I bet all of these are better than what I'm wearing. First the little twist knob on the visor came off somewhere. Then the gasket came out from the face shield and it sounded like a biplane was circling in my helmet because the shield vibrated, duck tape dampening fixed that. Probably should just take the visor off, too many scratches to see through it anyway. Then the bottom gasket started coming off.

Gam

I finally settled on a Nexx XD1, I wanted dual sport, solid white, internal visor, which narrowed the choices down a good bit.

Chitza

That is a sweet looking helmet, Gam. Let us know how it functions.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Gam

Quote from: Chitza on November 05, 2016, 09:04:21 AM
That is a sweet looking helmet, Gam. Let us know how it functions.

I'm riding three days of that dual sport route I had on the old board next week, way down south Conecuh country. I should know how it is after that...800 miles down, 1200 to go.

Campbell92

We just recently got in some LS2 helmets with the drop down shaded visor at Allsport. I owned a bargain helmet with the same drop down shade that I bought while at school so i figured I would buy a new one/ different brand and test it out. I purchased an LS2 Stream Omega. Im pretty dang impressed. Really light weight and no bob when I am flying down the highway on the xt that has no windshield. Im pretty picky with my helmets since I have no wind protection on the XT and dont want to visit a chiropractor after every bike ride. This helmet is for sure a new personal favorite.

Fencejumper09

I got a Nexx XD1 a couple months ago and it is a great helmet! I use the internal shade visor a lot. It is definitely simpler than sunglasses but if I try to run the shade down and the main visor open it directs the wind kind of down and around my eyeballs. I wish it went down a little farther.

My riding buddies say it makes them think of Top Gun when I roll up with the shade down!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332