News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Yamaha Mid Sized Adventure Bike

Started by Jwwr, April 13, 2016, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

It doesn't look comfortable, or luggage friendly. A legitimate luggage rack would help, plus a seat that is at least as comfortable as a KLR.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Nice Goat

They better bring that bike to the States...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Hearing good things about this bike from European customers, so I called Allsport today to see if they had any news.  The Yamaha rep was in there yesterday and said the T7 will hopefully be available by Spring of 2020.

So I put down a deposit...

Nice Goat

Side by side comparison of the Tenere 700 and the KTM 790 Adventure R.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Nice Goat on August 30, 2019, 07:31:00 PM
Hearing good things about this bike from European customers, so I called Allsport today to see if they had any news.  The Yamaha rep was in there yesterday and said the T7 will hopefully be available by Spring of 2020.

So I put down a deposit...

I can't wait to take a look at it.

If Yamaha would have ever brought the Tenere 660 over here I would have probably bought that instead of the KLR.

Let us know when it'll be hitting the dealership.

Nice Goat

Finally!

This weekend at the 2019 Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, Yamaha announced that the Tenere 700 will be available in the USA in early summer of 2020.  MSRP will be $10k, which many will complain about, but is very competitive when compared to any other mid-sized adventure bike.

LawnmowerRG

Talked with a friend about this bike this morning. He is very interested. He races offroad and is thinking it will be a good transition to the street. I tend to agree and hope they get it to the market soon.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Nice Goat

This video gives first impressions by several Aussie ADV riders.

Nice Goat

Back in November, Yamaha showcased the Tenere 700 at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show.  It was reported that the bike would be available in the USA in May or June, available in three colors, MSRP of $10k, and that Yamaha would be taking early orders for their "Priority Delivery Program".  I signed up on their webpage for updates on this program.  The webpage is here:

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/2021/tenere-700/page-3

Reading other forums, apparently this early order program is up and running in Canada.  Here in the USA, we've heard nothing since November.

So I called Yamaha USA customer service yesterday (ph. ‭800-962-7926‬).  Talked to a guy named "Raymond" for a while.  He said that Yamaha is still deciding whether to launch the early order program in the USA.  Dealers have been told that they cannot even place orders for the bike until June.

And to top it off, Yamaha converted all of their customers' loan accounts from one bank to another and screwed up the transition.  Lost payments, incorrect balances, etc.

And let's not forget about the Niken and Venture debacles.

It's hard for me to avoid coming to the conclusion that Yamaha has lost their way, at least in the motorcycle department.  It's too bad... I love the brand, but they don't seem to know WTF they are doing.