News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

UPDATE ..CRASHED ...

Started by polarissalesman, April 26, 2016, 07:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

"a moment of distraction or stupid mistake that does it "  Win I did BOTH.... :-[

I'm afraid they are going to TOTAL my bike...even though it's a 2010, it was bought new in 2014, bike is under warranty till 2019 ..... now where in the heck will I find a Yamaha Royal Star Venture like mine...  :-X :-X :-X

"keep the rubber side down"

mojo1

That sucks. Glad you didn't get hurt that bad. Good luck on your search for the next one.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

TFancher

Glad to see you could walk away. Sorry about the bike. If they do total it,maybe you could buy it back and repair it. I'm guessing you would then have a rebuilt title, but if you want to keep it and ride it , would that really matter?
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

polarissalesman

Quote from: TFancher on April 28, 2016, 12:33:57 AM
Glad to see you could walk away. Sorry about the bike. If they do total it,maybe you could buy it back and repair it. I'm guessing you would then have a rebuilt title, but if you want to keep it and ride it , would that really matter?

I asked the adjuster IF it was totaled could I buy  it back,,, he said ALFA wouldn't let me....  :(

scrappyjon

You should try to fix it yourself. As long as there's no frame or fork damage or something of that nature.Basically just cosmetic damage.Try and negotiate with the insurance. Say it would cost them half as much money for you to do it than a body shop.  It would save them money and you get to keep the bike plus it's fun. If it's just a gas tank fairing, lowers and small misc parts, you could probably find them used on ebay. If they were going to total though you need to let it go. You don't want a bike that new with a salvage title or rebuilt title. There's always something else out there.

I've bought 3 bikes that had good titles but had some body damage. I got them all SUPER cheap because people freak out over little dents and things and end up discounting their bikes big time because of it. I've always been able to find parts on ebay for good prices and I come out ahead. I even bought a cheap air painter at Harbor Freight and tried that on a couple things but I never got too good at it.

$16 http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-high-volume-low-pressure-gravity-feed-spray-gun-47016.html

polarissalesman

Scrappyjon if worse comes to worse I may do that.....I can replace everything, plastic is pre-painted... It may depend on HOW much they offer if they total it... I have found a Yamaha Super Tenere leftover from 2013  that I would like to have... :-\

scrappyjon

Plus one on the tenere but warning, once you go to that kind of bike, sporty upright adv or sport touring style you won't ever want to  go back to a big bagger or cruiser style bike.

polarissalesman

well I got a call from Alfa... they didn't total it.....so I guess i will fix it.... ;D ;D Parts are ordered......

polarissalesman

Parts are ordered, I'm hoping they are all in  by the time we get back from our trip to Ft.Payne/Mentone . We are leaving Wednesday morning and will be gone till Sunday... So if you see a scratched up Venture with flames on it ,that would be me...I decided to install the parts myself, since I have removed & replaced MOST of the parts I"m replacing on my old bike...Shouldn't be to hard & I'm saving a lot of $$$$

polarissalesman

UPDATE.... I have new W/S, upper fairing & lower faring installed I am STILL waiting on the tank, saddlebag & trunk lid...

Chuck A.

Good to here thing are coming back togather for you.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

polarissalesman

trunk lid came in today..... I feel like the johnny cash song "1 piece at a time" ....  haven't tackled it yet lot of holes to drill and lots to wire ,,,

5/14 my tank and saddlebag came in,,sent the wrong saddle bag :(   

LawnmowerRG

Quote from: polarissalesman on May 12, 2016, 09:26:19 PM
trunk lid came in today..... I feel like the johnny cash song "1 piece at a time" ....  haven't tackled it yet lot of holes to drill and lots to wire ,,,

5/14 my tank and saddlebag came in,,sent the wrong saddle bag :(   

Johnn C Made it Work.

Good luck.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

polarissalesman

$%^$@&#  sent the WRONG saddlebag  :-[ :-[ :-\ :'(

polarissalesman