News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Member Intro

Started by wildeman78, June 13, 2016, 08:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildeman78

Hello all. I have been lurking for a while expecting to move to Alabama, now that I am here I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I currently live in Enterprise, Al. I have ridden off and on for about 35 years, started when I was three. I have an '09 BMW F800 GS and last week purchased a '13 Suzuki DR-Z 400S. Most of my riding is on roads with the occasional fire trail etc.. I enjoy the road, but want to expand my skill set on the dirt. Thanks.

Chitza

Welcome Patrick! I'm from Dothan(Slocomb actually) but live in Birmingham now. If you want to expand your dirt skills this is a good place to meet folks to help you with that. If you've been lurking, you probably know which threads to watch, so jump right in!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kdtrull

Welcome from the NW corner.

VWCarlos

Welcome from Montgomery!
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

bergman32

Welcome from Scottsboro.

Guidedawg

I think you've found the right group to hang out with to get dirty.  I'm a street cruising guy myself, but welcome from Montgomery!

KrisCook

Welcome!  I've got a BMW F800R, so we're cousins...or something... sorta.  :)

Glad to have you! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

01YZF6

Welcome from Dothan!  Street guy here too, but more than  welcome on any ride we do down here

wildeman78

Thanks for the warm welcome, I appreciate it! Looking forward to getting out for some rides!

LawnmowerRG

Welcome from Moody Wildeman

I ride a 08 12 GS myself. Currently getting a little make over due to a little get off on the street.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

lazeebum

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

wildeman78

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on June 15, 2016, 07:51:44 AM
Welcome from Moody Wildeman

I ride a 08 12 GS myself. Currently getting a little make over due to a little get off on the street.
I saw the thread about that. Hope for a speedy recovery for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01YZF6

Wiregrass riders (fb) is having a nice lil father's day  street ride Sunday. Only a couple of hours, but all are welcome. They are meeting at the Valero station at the top of 84. KSU at 8 am.
O won't be there as a I have a family emergency in Orlando I am driving to now.
Check your messages here.

wildeman78

So, took the DRZ to Conecuh NF today. I don't think I am as rusty on the dirt as I thought. Some of it was slick after the recent rains, but it wasn't too bad. Almost dumped it a few times, but was able to maintain control and ride through. I think I am going to head back that way the weekend of 24 June for a half day or so.