News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ralley in the Valley IV

Started by jrobinson, August 12, 2016, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jrobinson

It's time for The Ralley in the Valley IV. This is your chance to come hangout with all the cool kids on Bama Rides.

So get your bikes ready, put in for time off, get your kitchen passes and prepare for a weekend of good eats & great riding.

On Saturday we will have a street ride and a Dual Sport bike ride.  Any style bike will be welcomed on either ride, but the dual sport may be a little much for an adventure bike.

I'll be around on Friday if you want to get in an early ride.

What ---- Ride, camp, eat, sit around the bonfire and tell tall stories. Repeat. You are welcome to participate in any or all of the weekend's festivities.

Where ---- Camping - At the former Chapman House B&B(Hwy 65 in Princeton, Al). There's 5 acres to camp, watch the bonfire and park.

Riding ----- Street Ride - Roads of Northeast Alabama and parts of Tennessee.
            Dual Sport Ride - There will be a Dual Sport ride. (Route still to be determined)
                       Off Road - There are some off road riding areas I can point out for you.

When ---- Sept. 9-11 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).

Cost ---- be a member of Bamarides.

I need to get a head count. Let me know when you will be at camp and which ride you plan to participate in.

We will have Dinner ride to Mexican restaurant in Gurley Friday night and cookout Saturday night, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday.

If you want to ride over and eat without camping, that's OK too.

I'll have my wife Sandy throw something together for breakfast and there will be dogs and burgers on the grill at night.
I'll need a head count for food and refreshments. I'll provide the soft stuff. Jackson Co is a dry county so you will need to bring the hard stuff with you.
We have 2 showers in the house you are welcome to use, bring towels and soap that you will need.

This is a great place for tents, not enough trees for hammocks. There's a couple couches and plenty of floor space if you want to sleep in the house.

To see pics and videos from last year's event ----->  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=4.0

We have plenty of room for parking and camping...

kdtrull

This is one well-sorted, something-for-everybody event.  And, it happens to be in one of the prettiest areas of the whole state.

I'm in.  See you Friday 09-09.  Dual Sport

Chitza

I'm in. Don't know yet about street or DS.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

ironblood45

I should be able to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck & Susan

Okay...the wife likes this idea very much.  Forcing my hand and we are going to buy a tent.   :)
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

griff

We're in. I've secured my old XR650 as a backup in case I can't get my KTM back together in time. 
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Chuck & Susan

Okay, little change of plans.  We are going to Tellico on the 1st to the 5th and then head to the Ralley in the Valley.  Will have the camper and bike. 

Just means a week off of work (really hate that  :o  LOL). 

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

dirty-diesel

Count me in and possible the wifey too.

norton73

Got it on my calendar. 
We are not planning on going to WV this year,  so the chances are good Lynn & I will be there. I will confirm as we get closer.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

I gotta work Friday night but I'll be there Saturday morning.  Unless I find some time to work on my KLR between now and then (unlikely) I'll be doing the street ride.  I'll stick around for dinner Sat night and probably camp that night. 

kylepeterson

pencil me down for Fri night and Sat. I'm coming to hear all the Alaska stories mainly, motorcycles are just like secondary excuses

Al Goodwin

DANGIT !!!!!   Gotta work, AGAIN  >:( >:( >:(

griff

Does anyone going on the dual sport ride have a big issue with having to bring lunch with you Saturday? We may go where there's no lunch stop.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

kdtrull

Quote from: griff on August 30, 2016, 04:24:16 PM
Does anyone going on the dual sport ride have a big issue with having to bring lunch with you Saturday? We may go where there's no lunch stop.

No, and that may determine whether or not I flip-flop on the DS vs. road ride!

IceCold4x4

So would a zrx make it on the dual sport ride? She's lighter than a BMW adv bike and doesn't mind diet roads in the least. .... Heehe