News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Intro

Started by tvbiker, February 06, 2017, 03:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvbiker

Hello!
New to the group and looking forward to the community!
I've been riding since '97. Started out on this '85 Nighthawk which I still have.
After coming to Alabama in 2006 I started to ride quite a lot, and needed an upgrade. Picked up a new '08 VFR800 ABS at Southern Powersports for next to nothing - previous model year, so they were trying to unload it. I only rode it for 6 months, never got comfortable on it, so moved on up to an '09 Tiger 1050. Brilliant bike. Been all over the map on this bike. This summer did a really nice 6400 mile trip from Birmingham down to I-10 and across to California, up the PCH and into Oregon, then across Wyoming and Nebraska back to Birmingham in about 2 weeks. Good ride!
As much as I hate to sell the Tiger, I need to make room for a "new" bike. Between 2011 and 2016 I worked as an engineer for Motus Motorcycles in Birmingham. I'm sure a few of you have heard of it. Well they've given me the opportunity to purchase one of the original 5 test bikes, so I'm going to jump on that! I took it for a re-familiarization ride this weekend and snapped this shot at the Barber Museum.
So that's me. I hope to see y'all out on the roads!
-Tom

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville. 

KevinB

Welcome, nice bikes...love the blue on the Tiger and Motus.

bergman32

Welcome from Scottsboro.

Chitza

Welcome from Birmingham, Tom.  Keep an eye on the Let's Ride, Planned rides, and Events threads. Jump in when you see something you like. Sure wish that was the Tiger I'm looking for 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery!  One of the 5 test bikes? That's pretty cool.

Chuck A.

Welcome from Hartselle. Careful about getting to close to Barbers Museum with that bike. George might buy it out from under you.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

VWCarlos

Welcome from the other Montgomery rider. That bike looks pretty fast sitting still.
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

ka4pse

Welcome from the only! (I think) Slapout, Ala. rider.

Stewart
Slapout, Ala.
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

Nokose

Welcome from Chilton County!

ktmer

Welcome from Hoover!

tvbiker

renchinrider

Welcome from another of the Huntsville riders!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

merc16

Welcome ! Looking forward to seeing more pics of the Motus, oh and you !  ;D
Justin

IceCold4x4

Always liked the motus's. Wonder how long it'll take one to get to the 5k range in price lol. And welcome to the nuthouse....