Main Menu

Gymkhana Top Gun Meltdown, March 4th

Started by gharshman, February 22, 2017, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I'll be going.  I just have to decide which bike to ride ::)

KnightRidr

cool, glad you're going!  i'll be there working it and riding it on my V1K :) 

kylepeterson

bblass

We went two years ago and some of those police teams are just incredible! I'll be there if I can
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Slede

might as well, since it's just down the street.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

maydaymike

I'm planning on it.   Probably be on my Bonneville.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

KnightRidr

We've worked all day setting up the ranges. They're going to be challenging and a lot of fun. Hope you all make it out!
Benjy

KrisCook

I'm under the ABATE tent. Come say hey!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

01YZF6

Who got injured today? Saw the fb post from UM but they wouldn't give specifics.

klaviator

Quote from: 01YZF6 on March 04, 2017, 08:05:31 PM
Who got injured today? Saw the fb post from UM but they wouldn't give specifics.

It wasn't anyone I know.  From what I heard the guy dropped a heavy bike on his leg and broke something.  I didn't see the accident only the guy laying there.  They took him away in an ambulance.

klaviator

I had a great time there today.  It was great seeing everyone there and of course the riding was a blast :)

I got there a little after 9 and the courses were wide open for practice.  I did a bunch of laps around courses 1 and 2.  Eventually some others from BR showed up.

The Goat getting some instruction on course #1

Kris was there working the Abate booth without her bike.  I couldn't let her just watch and not ride.

Then I handed my camera to Kris and did some riding.

BTW, riding the Kymco around these courses was really cheating it was so easy.  Well  the first two courses were easy.  I tried the hardest course, #4, and it was not easy at all.

These guys were impressive riding the course together.

Glenn doing more riding.

Kris and Mike.

Kyle competing on course #3

I competed on course #2 but didn't stick around for the results.  Anyone know how to find their facebook page? 

Before I left I spent some time riding course #4.  Once I figured it out it was a blast on the little scooter but I still don't know how those guys on Harley dressers do it.

I'm glad I was able to make it.  It was one of the most fun days of riding I have done in a long time.

Nice Goat

Very nice to see old friends, get a little group ride in from Hoover to Montevallo, and work on my very rusty gymkhana skills.  Great to see Kris, Josh, and Ken again also ... it's been too long.

Took about 70 photos ... if you want to see them all, they are on SmugMug here: https://nicegoat.smugmug.com/Moto-Gymkhana-March-2017/

Here are a few of the better ones:

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

hyperrcng

01YZF6

Sorry we missed this one. Had college spring day for Cameron... Looks like a blast!