New member - looking for like minded people to ride with.

Started by chickenlegs, April 04, 2017, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chickenlegs

I've been two wheel'n with street bikes for around 15 years now.  I started off on Harley cruisers and have moved into sport touring.  Normally I'll burn two weeks vacation, two up, tent camping in one of our national parks.  I'm a fabricator by trade, and a motorcycle mechanic.  I'd love to find other like minded people to ride with and such.  I'm located northwest of Birmingham.

My current ride, 2014 BMW K1600GTLE around Glacier in 2015:

My single wheel motorcycle trailer I built myself:
Fits nicely in a hotel room when you want to leave it behind.

Nova Scotia

Cape Breton

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Guidedawg

I doubt it will be difficult to find like minded folks around here.

Welcome from Montgomery.

Chitza

Welcome! Another BMW rider! Woohoo! Someone I can commiserate with!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

norton73

Welcome and nice bike and trailer rig.

Some of the crowd are discussing a Canada/Nova Scotia trip this summer. Perhaps some of them can chime in and ask about your experiences and get ideas.
Or get you to join them.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

KrisCook

Welcome, from Forestdale!  I have a BMW too, but it's got a gnarly intermittent problem and another BMW rider here on the forum has it, to sort out at his shop in Leeds.  Glad to have you! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Crandon

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

jrobinson

Welcome from N. Al.

Watch the Let's Ride, Planned Rides and Events sections. that's where the rides are posted. If you see something you like, post you plan to attend and show up. It's just that easy.

There's a ride heading to Tellico next week. There will be street and offroad riders.

Holler if you have any questions.

bergman32

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

ka4pse

Welcome from the Slapout rider.

Stewart
Slapout, Alabama
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville.  That trailer is really cool!

We're considering the Nova Scotia trip this July, if we can finish renovating our house in time (we're doing the renovation ourselves).

Hope to ride with you in the near future!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Al Goodwin

WELCOME.....hmm...fabrication is your specialty huh?.....we need to talk about a hitch fora Yamaha Super Tenere....

8) 8)