News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Alabama the Beautiful.

Started by Yankee Dog, June 29, 2017, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

Singing River is more polished than we like.  Bluewater is much smaller. The folks behind the bar are still the ones brewing the beer.  An in my opinion anyway, the beer is more full flavored. 

Hammerdown77

Well that's good to hear, I now have a new destination to visit in Florence!
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Chuck & Susan

It looks like you are heading towards Gulf Shores.  There is a place called Big Beach Brewery (300 E. 24TH AVE.
GULF SHORES, AL 36542).  You may want to stop by.  We live in the area so we might could meet you for dinner.  Just let us know.  Looks like an awesome ride. 

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

gulfcoaster

You'll enjoy Fairhope. Wish I was in town, I'd meet up with ya, but in Cincinnati right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

Mobile Bay Ferry.  Almost there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

Growing up in Mississippi, I always hated Laurel.  To me, it was just a dump that had to be traversed on the way to Hattiesburg and Gulfport.

A few years ago (ten...?), the Yamaha motorcycle dealer in Meridian closed and moved shop to Laurel.  I always liked that shop.  Good Christian owners, fair prices, good service.

Now with a brewery there, I have two reasons to visit Laurel.  Guess that I will have to revisit my old negative perception and see if it is time to change.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Yankee Dog

Breweries appear to be popping up all over in Mississippi.  I believe you will have choices. 

gulfcoaster

You should be enjoying a Fairhope 51 Pale Ale right about now. If you like IPA's then the Take the Causeway is good. If you like Stout's then it's the Judge Roy Bean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

We enjoyed a few

Didn't get to all of them

We have had the 51 and Judge Roy before so we tried a few of the new ones.  I really tried to like them. But sours, ciders and jalapeƱo are just not my thing.  I drank the IPA which was good, left the rest to Bratso and continued on with a Judge Roy Bean which was outstanding as I knew it would be. 

The tap room is really nice and I was kind of surprised that it was almost empty.  Ah well. They close at 7:00pm tonight so it delivery tonight.  This trip has been full of great beer.   Great food, not so much.  Ya got to have your priorities. 

Yankee Dog

As for the ride. We are on a motorcycle remember.   We did run into a bit of dirt, or shall I say sand. 

We really lucked out with the Mobile Bay Ferry.  It was HOT and the cars were backed up when we arrived,  but it seems they will squeeze motorcycles into the cracks so we rolled on the moment we got there and departed not long after. 

Life is good

Yankee Dog

Tomorrow's route. Destination Enterprise.   No brewery there but not many are open on a Monday. 

I wish we had known about Big Beach. It was right on route.  But move on we must.  This is a destination trip.  Not so much the journey

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on July 02, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
This is a destination trip.  Not so much the journey

Oh, what a sadly backwards approach.  ;D

Beats being forced to work though.  :'(

Yankee Dog

Quote from: kdtrull on July 02, 2017, 09:10:05 PM
Quote from: Yankee Dog on July 02, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
This is a destination trip.  Not so much the journey

Oh, what a sadly backwards approach.  ;D

Beats being forced to work though.  :'(

''Tis true.  But that is what a love of custom made malted beverages will do to you

Fencejumper09

This is an awesome idea!

Let us know if you make a trip inland away from the borders! Birmingham has a couple places that still have the micro brewery feel!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Yankee Dog

No brewery today.  Couldn't find one open and on route.  Tomorrow is the Chatahoocee Brewery in Phoenix City.  There will be fireworks.