Main Menu

Alabama the Beautiful.

Started by Yankee Dog, June 29, 2017, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

Southeast corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

Today's brewery stop is the Chattahoochee Brewery in Phenix City.  Nice place. They only had one of their own beers on tap.  A session IPA. Still was fun and we watched fireworks from the back deck. 

Yankee Dog

We are headed barely up the road to day to Red Clay Brewing in Opelika.   But we have a stop planned at the National Infantry Museum at Ft Benning.  Pics to follow. 

lazeebum

Nice ride report and pictures. I miss trips like y'all are taking.

Yankee Dog

Today's route included a stop at the National Infantry Museum at Ft Benning, GA.  They have changed the location and updated it a bit since last I was here.  Cool place well worth the visit.

Now I appreciate the pride others take in their service and services and I don't mean to hurt any feelings but the bottom line is that If You Ain't Infantry, You Ain't Shit. 

Gratuitous motorcycle picture, because the roads today's are not worth a mention

And last but not least ole Iron Mike

Brewery photos to follow.....

Yankee Dog

Brewery Time:  Red Clay

WOW this is a great place.  Twelve different beers and all (ok most) of them are great.  The owners are behind the bar and are great folk. 

Oh and did I mention a live band playing Irish tunes.

Yankee Dog

I believe tomorrow will be out last stop on this adventure in fermentation.  Anniston and Cheaha Brewing.  I think I am getting beered out. I will most likely drink wine for the next month or three. 

bblass

I remember doing "Iron Mike" PT back when he was still in front of Building 4. Glad he's found a new home in the Infantry Museum
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Yankee Dog

This day just about brings this little sodden odyssey to a close.  We head home tomorrow.   

But today brings us to Anniston.  Not far from from Opelika as the crow flies, but of course we didn't follow the crow.   We headed back to the Georgia order and turned north.  We found a series of nice county roads that brought us North. Some of the pavement was a bit rough but the traffic was light and the stop signs were few. 

Still, it wasn't far and we rolled into Anniston with time to kill. So we headed to the Anniston Natural Science Museum.

Nice place but the real gem was the Burman Museum out back.  Holy moly did they have a collection.  They have 22 sculptures by Remington. 

They have half a dozen Ming Dynasty vases and an example from 500bc

I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures but they have a firearms collection that is the best I have seen anywhere, including the Smithsonian and the NRA museum in Wash D.C.   It is worth a trip for this alone. 

Oh yeah, this suppose to be about beer