News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

T-Town "sport", Sunday 9/27

Started by DachshundUberAlles, September 21, 2015, 10:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

DachshundUberAlles

So I need to get some "get acquainted" time with the VFR, and what better way to do that with some friends on some nice roads on the way to some good eats. The extended forecasts are showing that Sunday is shaping up to be 80 with clouds so it should be a very nice day. I'm mulling a couple of ideas for the trip, but am thinking that we'll dine at the Bullpen up in Oakman again, but that's not set in stone. Just wanting to go ahead and get the notice in early so there's plenty of lead time for everyone interested to get set in their potential schedule. I'm open to suggestions on both routes and restaurants, as long as said route will be "entertaining".
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

lastparrot

I am interested, just don't know about my availability.  I'll be watching for more details for sure though.  Of course I am not really a "sport" or aggressive rider.

DachshundUberAlles

Don't let the "sport" designation deter, I don't go looking to set the roads on fire. I will say that it's all too easy to see a "quick" pace on these things, but this ride isn't going to be any kind of over the top pace. After all, I'm still trying to acclimated to this new ride.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

DachshundUberAlles

OK, I've changed my mind on the menu. I realized that I haven't had a River Cafe cheeseburger in quite a while and decided that needs to be dealt with. We'll make our jump off point the Kangaroo Express/Marathon station on the corner of HWY 43N and HWY 171 (The address is 4500 HWY 171 Northport). We'll meet up about 9:30-9:45 with a KSU time of 10:00am. We'll go up 171 then cut back on County 12 when we get into Fayette. Then 18 West through Berry and down 69 South to Tutwiler/Franklin Ferry/Camp Oliver and Smith Camp road for River Cafe. Afterwards can be open to whichever way gets you back home the best.

Those of you who have ridden with me before know that I always look to keep my group together, with no one left behind. We always wait at any turning point. Hope to see folks come out for a little country two lane fun and a good ol' greasy cheeseburger.

maydaymike

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Zeus

I'm planning on riding out to the "river" Sunday but will be coming from Pelham through Helena and so fourth. I have a nice route that I take to Adger. Camp Oliver Rd. has fresh pavement too. I'll probably go to a particular road off Hwy 69 and work my way back to Smith Camp. May see you at the River Cafe!!!

maydaymike

Yup.  Camp Oliver rd is in great shape.  I'm on it daily going to work.  I was hoping that they would continue across the bridge onto Franklin Ferry Rd,  but so far,  no dice.
IBA#58185

Zeus

Well the connecting road to Goodwater Rd. has been repaved and that's kinda priceless if you knew the shape of it before.
Btw I think we met at Montevallo Meltdown this year. I was on the black Versys. Are you the dog "kong" guy?

maydaymike

IBA#58185

DachshundUberAlles

Yeah, "meet ups" are great. If your up North of here and want to use River Cafe as an opportunity to meet some people that you might not otherwise, that's a great "first step" towards getting to know people you've only "spoken to" on an internet forum. It's always great to put faces to the screen monikers/avatars and get to enjoy actual face to face chats.

Zeus

I do agree with you. Places to meet and greet others .
I have one person riding with me so far. We plan to leave Pelham area around 10:30.
A pic from my last ride I hosted out to the river;

DachshundUberAlles

Accuweather has now got the Sunday rain chance at 40% early, 65% in the evening. Hopefully, the 10am to 1pm will hold out decent. While I'm not chomping at the bit to test the wet weather grip of my RoadSmarts, it's going to have to actually be raining when I'm ready to leave for me to think about standing down the ride.

maydaymike

IBA#58185

Zeus

I'm still planning on a greasy cheeseburger at River Cafe'!!!!

Zeus

I'm leaving Pelham at 10:30. Weather looks good. I'll have two or three with me. Have room for maybe another.
If anyone would like to join, we should be at the Sunoco by McAdory high school around 11:15. Spirited pace. Head count at every turn off and or mountain pass. You won't be left behind, today, lol.
PM me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk