Welcoming Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club to BamaRides!

Started by PerryMountainMC, September 15, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryMountainMC

Hello, riders!

My name is Andrew, and I had the pleasure of meeting BamaRides admin Don the other day, and we struck up conversation about local riding. We talked about about how Don would love to have new rides and events to help our local riding community grow back to what it once was. I am in Sales at Max Motorsports, a local dealership in Pelham (just south of Birmingham), but what really made our conversation interesting is that I am also a member of the Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club.

Perry Mountain Motorcycle club is located in southwest Chilton County, near Maplesville, Alabama. (Half way between Tuscaloosa and Montgomery), and has been an AMA chartered club since 1970, and is one of the oldest chartered clubs in the South. We have a total of about 100 club members that work together to host multiple offroad events/races year round, such as harescrambles, enduros, night races, vintage events, fun runs, and for the last few years, we've had an annual dual sport/adventure ride. We have a couple thousand acres that we lease to host our events, and we are also adjacent to the enormous Oakmulgee district of the Talladega National Forest, which makes our area the perfect location to host dual sport and adventure events. 

I would love to see our riding community grow strong, so I am here to introduce myself and make myself  and our club known and available to help organize and promote events in our area!

Our annual Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club Dual Sport / Adventure ride is in just a couple weeks (September 30th & October 1st), and Id love to see all of you there! Be sure to invite all of your riding friends that may not see this post! I also look forward to working with Don and the BamaRides staff, along with you fellow riders to make riding in Alabama better than ever!

You can find more information on our club and the Dual Sport / Adventure ride and other events at: www.perrymountainmotorcycleclub.com

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @PerryMountainMC

If you have any questions about our club or events, feel free to message us through any of our social media platforms, or via email: perrymountainmotorcycleclub@gmail.com

Thanks and Braap!
Andrew Wheat

springer

Welcome to Bamarides!

Post the Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club Dual Sport / Adventure ride in events. If you have any pictures or video of the past Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club Dual Sport / Adventure rides, post them up in the thread.

Once again, welcome!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

dredman

Awesome intro Andrew!! (are you available to teach a class?) I personally am VERY excited to have you after talking with you the other day, and I am sure many others will be excited when they hear what all is going on with your organization.  A few of us already know about Perry Mountain MC, a few have been there, a few have even raced there (I will try to dig up a video or two).  Please pull up a couch, and make yourself at home and tell us every little thing that you guys are up to.

As I mentioned before, I have been trying to get PMMC involved with us for YEARS, and it was great to finally make the connection.  I look forward to being closely involved with you guys, and hope to make some rides too.  Post all your events here(Racing/Events/Planned Rides etc.), and we'll make sure they get on the calendar - and I am sure there will be LOTS of questions.

Can't wait to see the details  :eating-popcorn-03:

Dirtwoman

Quote from: PerryMountainMC on September 15, 2017, 05:14:24 PM
Hello, riders!

My name is Andrew, and I had the pleasure of meeting BamaRides admin Don the other day, and we struck up conversation about local riding. We talked about about how Don would love to have new rides and events to help our local riding community grow back to what it once was. I am in Sales at Max Motorsports, a local dealership in Pelham (just south of Birmingham), but what really made our conversation interesting is that I am also a member of the Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club.

Perry Mountain Motorcycle club is located in southwest Chilton County, near Maplesville, Alabama. (Half way between Tuscaloosa and Montgomery), and has been an AMA chartered club since 1970, and is one of the oldest chartered clubs in the South. We have a total of about 100 club members that work together to host multiple offroad events/races year round, such as harescrambles, enduros, night races, vintage events, fun runs, and for the last few years, we've had an annual dual sport/adventure ride. We have a couple thousand acres that we lease to host our events, and we are also adjacent to the enormous Oakmulgee district of the Talladega National Forest, which makes our area the perfect location to host dual sport and adventure events. 

I would love to see our riding community grow strong, so I am here to introduce myself and make myself  and our club known and available to help organize and promote events in our area!

Our annual Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club Dual Sport / Adventure ride is in just a couple weeks (September 30th & October 1st), and Id love to see all of you there! Be sure to invite all of your riding friends that may not see this post! I also look forward to working with Don and the BamaRides staff, along with you fellow riders to make riding in Alabama better than ever!

You can find more information on our club and the Dual Sport / Adventure ride and other events at: www.perrymountainmotorcycleclub.com

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @PerryMountainMC

If you have any questions about our club or events, feel free to message us through any of our social media platforms, or via email: perrymountainmotorcycleclub@gmail.com

Thanks and Braap!
Andrew Wheat
I plan on being there again this year. I have gone the last two years.

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I had the pleasure of visiting your shop a few weeks ago.  I'm the resident scooter dude for bamarides so I was down there checking out your inventory of scooters which I'm sure is the biggest in the state.

The Bikle Shop

Welcome From Leeds

Its good to have a more sponsors on the sight. Maybe we a can get the local community to some new glory days.

Al Goodwin

WELCOME Andrew, from Cullman, Al....I'll be at your dual-sport ride again this year.

KrisCook

Welcome, from Birmingham.  We're so glad to have you!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

TFancher

Welcome from Tuscaloosa. I'm familiar with you guys and I know several people who are members. Looking forward to seeing you on a ride soon.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Guidedawg

jrobinson

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Homewood!

I really enjoyed my time at Perry Mountain for the 24 Hr race. Team Heavy Hitters!!!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332