Junk Yard Dog, Hohenwald, Tn... September 27th 9:00am

Started by polarissalesman, September 22, 2015, 08:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck A.

wife was in Columbia 2 hours ago. Said it flooded for 30 minutes or so.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

jrobinson

Back home.
350 miles, 11 hours, 2 stray bikers rounded up and 1 great day of riding.

Thanks Donny for putting this ride together.

Chuck A.

Was a good ride. Had a great burger to boot. Only rain I saw today was a small line of sprinkles 5 miles from home. Good to see some bamarides folks again.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

bergman32

Made it home at 6pm, 360 miles. Great ride Donny and good food and thanks Johnny for getting me to the ride. Met some new riders today and Chuck got me back to Lawrenceburg.

klaviator

Quote from: bergman32 on September 28, 2015, 11:10:16 AM
Made it home at 6pm, 360 miles. Great ride Donny and good food and thanks Johnny for getting me to the ride. Met some new riders today and Chuck got me back to Lawrenceburg.

Steve, I saw you on 72 a little west of Scottsboro around 5:45.  I was going the other way.

I wish I could have made this ride but couldn't be 2 places at once.

bergman32

I didn't see you but was just trying to get to trailer before it rained and was tired. Weather was good for riding today with 70 degree temp.

Nice Goat

Quote from: jrobinson on September 27, 2015, 07:54:46 PM
... 2 stray bikers rounded up ...

Funny story....

Tony pulled off for a pit stop.  I pulled off also to wait for him.

He comes back, and I asked him if he wanted to ride the Versys.  He said, "Sure," and climbed on.  He yelled, "Yee-hah!", and I struggled to catch him on his KLR.  We blew past the turn where Johnny was waiting for us.  It took us 15 miles to catch him.  When we caught him, he had a big grin on his face and was babbling about taking a trip to Kentucky.

Maybe Tony will have a new Versys soon...
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

jrobinson

You should probably install a remote shutoff on the Versys before giving anymore demo rides.

polarissalesman

will try to have a ride report later.... LuAnn had surgery today and is home I"m playing nurse.... But I do want to thank everyone for coming...we did have a cple or 3 events to happen one which was Glenn's story  ;D .... JYD food was awesome ....company was awesomely great.... lot of laughs and smiles and that is what it is all about...
"keep the rubber side down"

TFancher

12 hours, 470 miles, 3 states, 2 motorcycles , and 1 hot pursuit.  It wasn't my fault. Glenn should've never asked if I wanted to ride The Versys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

jrobinson

TFancher

If I hadn't been slowed by traffic. I think I could've took him.

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

kdtrull

Seems like there's a good story hiding around here what ain't gettin' told propper.   :-X?

polarissalesman

Quote from: TFancher on October 01, 2015, 12:15:22 PM
If I hadn't been slowed by traffic. I think I could've took him.

If it hadn't been for slow traffic you, Johnny, Sandy & Glenn might still be in jail..... lol
"keep the rubber side down"

jrobinson

Quote from: kdtrull on October 01, 2015, 02:58:19 PM
Seems like there's a good story hiding around here what ain't gettin' told propper.   :-X?

IF.... there was a story, it would have to be told in person.