News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hollytree Hunting Club 01-20-2018

Started by Fencejumper09, January 23, 2018, 08:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

The fine fellow that owns Hollytree Offroad Park http://www.hollytreeoffroad.com/ may have leased his land to a group of hunters in the summer of 2017, but he never expected the events that would unfold the fall of that very same year!!!!!

Geraldo Lanzero started a discrete Facebook group simply titled Hollytree Singletrack Project. He invited a select few, sharpened his machete and headed into the woods! When he emerged he had created nearly 15 miles of some of the gnarliest singletrack open to the public. This is where our story unfolds.

With a few posts on MC-AL and Facebook, we had a small group willing to test their skills against this epic trail system. On his trusty green stead that is the epitome of a "sleeper", Kyle was will to once again brave the wilds of Hollytree.

On the showroom queen we had the WERA legend Mr. Goodwin. Next up we had the silent assassin Mr. Boyd on his "sploogy" piped GasGas that could sneak up on a lion...from the front! We also had the bike collector Mr. West on his painfully yellow YZ 250! Now this last guy is the one you have to hide your wife from, he can ride his KTM 250 on one wheel so long that he might as well be riding a unicycle. Ladies and gentlemen.................Mr Spainhour!

The day started strong with a trip to Troy's Diner to grab some slick muddy rocks for breakfast! It was a mess as the the ice had been melting for the last couple days but we powered through!

What appears to be an unassuming little ledge is increased in difficulty by no straight line to hit it!

I know it is hard to look at but the bike actually runs pretty well!

Kyle teaches us how they used to do it in the 60's!

Hollytree, Home of the Rock Face!

Alex found a penny! Too bad it was tails up!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

We pushed on and found some beautiful scenery that could only be ruined by one thing....

That! That right there ruined it!(jk buddy)

Ladies avert your eyes if you care for your husband!

We found some more rock faces that I went around. Of course Brad wheelied right up!

This spot was tricky for me. I went to put my foot down and the earth had shifted just out of reach! It ended in a nice tumble to be seen in the video later!

I found one of the hunter's traps!

That pretty much sums up the east side of the property on Loops 1 and 2! That last bit is the new extended version of 2 and let me tell you, it rivals 3!! It was fun but it was pretty sketchy!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

The new entrance into Loop 3 lulls you into a false sense of security, but fear not, it quickly throws you into a hill climb covered in leaves and snotty mud. There are a couple of really tight squeezes that have you praying that your skidplate has enough coverage!

We were quickly ready for a break at one of the signature climbs! As we were all trying to catch our breath, this sexy beast reared his head and not a soul in the woods was able to slow their heart rate!

Brad tested his traction on Barr Hill but the remnants of Mulley's fender spooked him!

Brad made it look easy though!

Kyle made it look relaxing!

The trail to the top!

Alex did his best to brighten up everyone's day!

I tried everything to keep Brad in my sights, even tried cutting out a half mile of trail. This did not work as my bike boiled over again, for maybe the fourth time!

Overall it was a great day and I walked away with some nasty bumps and bruises! I definitely need to put in some balance and traction work before the TKO!

Enjoy the video!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Mulley

Every time that Alex falls over he looks like he's dead. His lifeless body just lying there under the bike.

Nice video. I sure am jealous. I want to ride.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Fencejumper09

Can't wait to get the gang back together!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

DonJuan

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on January 24, 2018, 07:47:58 AM
Can't wait to get the gang back together!!
I like that yellow bike!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Brian A

Good stuff.

looks like some challenging stuff and a lot of fun for you guys.