News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sportin the Free-State IX

Started by Al Goodwin, January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kylepeterson

what's the chance of this being fun with street tars ?
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

griff

It's looking likely well be there.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

KevinB

I have to work Saturday night, but am off Sunday. Anyone riding Sunday, or will everyone be packing up for home?

MsSGriff

Quote from: zx3fred on February 12, 2018, 11:50:25 PM
Would you be up for a new dual sport rider joining in on the action? I don't have my bike yet but I should have a few hundred miles on it by late April.
I'll be riding my own pace. Staying safe is important. This will be my second ride since ACL replacement surgery 8 months ago. John needs to build custom suspension for my DS.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

What's everyone's thoughts on making this a 2-group ride?  One group to be dropped off at the Flint Creek trail system, and the rest to do a ride down to, and across, and old bridge....this would be before lunch, and after the ride down to the river.  Then we could all meet up for lunch....

How many would want to ride Flint Creek?  It's an additional $3, I think, so bring some cash if you're wanting to ride it.  If no any of you haven't ridden not, it's an ATV, or Ural sidecar rig, width, ain't that right John Alderman?...17 miles or so...some rocky sections, but nothing to very difficult.  I'd say it's even "big bike friendly" for the experienced rider.  Melony and I will not be riding it 2-up on the Tenere....

Give me your thought on 2 groups splitting up mid-morning.

kylepeterson

I dunno, I wanna see all the good stuff and not miss a thing. I'll bring the big bike and slide around if it leans towards gravel travel, and bring the little bike if it leans towards dirty biking.
just give 'er the berries !

springer

Quote from: Al Goodwin on April 22, 2018, 12:32:17 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on making this a 2-group ride?  One group to be dropped off at the Flint Creek trail system, and the rest to do a ride down to, and across, and old bridge....this would be before lunch, and after the ride down to the river.  Then we could all meet up for lunch....

How many would want to ride Flint Creek?  It's an additional $3, I think, so bring some cash if you're wanting to ride it.  If no any of you haven't ridden not, it's an ATV, or Ural sidecar rig, width, ain't that right John Alderman?...17 miles or so...some rocky sections, but nothing to very difficult.  I'd say it's even "big bike friendly" for the experienced rider. Melony and I will not be riding it 2-up on the Tenere....

Give me your thought on 2 groups splitting up mid-morning.

Aaahhh...the part I put in Bold and underline has me a bit worried. Cause if it is to difficult for you and Melony not to ride...then maybe I don't need too go on it.  ;)

Y'all can ride through some mightily hairy stuff...Me? Not so much.   ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

David DoubleEX

Whats the current headcount looking like? Do we have enough to practically split into two groups?

I think I would lean towards the rougher ride myself. But I'm up for whatever!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

What kind of facilities are at the campground? A quick Google search is telling me there are showers? I assume no electricity?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

Quote from: springer on April 22, 2018, 08:30:02 PM
Aaahhh...the part I put in Bold and underline has me a bit worried. Cause if it is to difficult for you and Melony not to ride...then maybe I don't need too go on it.  ;)

Y'all can ride through some mightily hairy stuff...Me? Not so much.   ;)

They CAN ride it, I'm sure, I think they are choosing not to to!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

griff

I rode my f650gs through flint creek a couple of years ago. I found my skid plate a couple of times but no issues otherwise. I'd like to go on the dual sport ride as I've ridden flint creek several times.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Hambone

I just heard about this outing and plan to take part at least on Saturday.  What time will the ride start on Saturday?

Spicciani2

Well.... 5.5 hour drive.... I guess I'll be all alone for it... Most likely coming up early Friday morning....

gulfcoaster

Quote from: Spicciani2 on April 23, 2018, 03:49:33 PM
Well.... 5.5 hour drive.... I guess I'll be all alone for it... Most likely coming up early Friday morning....
Sorry Spicciani, I'm gonna be in Jacksonville for Welcome to Rockville this weekend. But maybe we can work out a carpool situation for the one in June. Looks like this is going to be a fun one. Hope there's lots of pics and videos posted afterwards.