News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New DS rider in Alexander City

Started by zx3fred, February 08, 2018, 11:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx3fred

Hello all, Thanks for having me here. I am in the process of purchasing a KLR650 and looking for some people to show me what I've been missing from Alabama. I grew up on four-wheelers and dirt bikes and switched to road bikes as soon as I could. I have been off a bike for the last 10 years and bought my 8 year old his first dirt bike Christmas of '16. I guess the wife could sense the envy and has agreed to let me finally get myself another bike. And by envy I mean she sees me riding his TTR50 as much as he does (don't judge me, its got two wheels too). So yeah, I'm pumped to be back on the road/dirt again.
If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

springer

No judgement from me, 2 wheels is 2 wheels. Besides that a fathers job! Gotta show the young'ens how to do it!  ;)

Welcome to Motorcycle Alabama!

and I think I got an extra milk crate around here if you need it.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville and another KLR rider.  As for the TTR50, I remember having fun on my son's XR70 way back in "The Day".   Like Springer said: "2 wheels is 2 wheels"

Chuck & Susan

Welcome to the group, Wing rider from lower Alabama. You will find all types of two wheeling on here and people to support it. Enjoy!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

norton73

Lots of good riding in Talladega National Forest near you. There's usually a few rides there every year.

Come ride with us at Dualsporting the Free State,

http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2598.0

Watch the forum for other rides.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Fencejumper09

Welcome! Definitely check out the upcoming Free State Ride, Al Goodwin always puts on great events!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

LawnmowerRG

No, judgement here either.

Many small bikes have been purchased and repaired at vintage festival for the kids can have fun (keep in mind that the kids at vintage are generally in their 20s).

Welcome to the party.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville, Fred.  I'm a road rider and have a couple of Harleys.  I'm also big into vintage bikes of all makes, so you'll see me post a lot in "Vintage".  Look forward to meeting you on the road!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

yamahamer

Welcome from Green Pond.
I can't judge, 48 years old with no kids and their is a hot rod CRF50 in my garage.
;D Little bikes are fun.  ;D

zx3fred

Thank you guys for welcome. I am certain that I will be hitting the trails in and around Talladega National Forest. Luckily for me my step father rides too. He is in to old Gold Wings from '83 - '86, the 500 and 550cc bikes. I think he has somewhere around 3 of those things and about four or five other bikes. Needless to say he has been very supportive and instrumental in getting me back on a bike. He has acquired an older Suzuki endro bike to ride along with me on some the local trails, and i think he is as excited about me getting a bike as I am. Maybe because I will no longer have to ask to borrow one of his  :) 
If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

Spicciani2

oh oops... I just gave away my klr650 manual and doohickey...

zx3fred

Just ordered my helmet. Going to pick up bike early Saturday morning. The adventure begins!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

DonJuan

Quote from: zx3fred on February 22, 2018, 12:39:21 AM
Just ordered my helmet. Going to pick up bike early Saturday morning. The adventure begins!

I ride a KLR also, and believe it to be a great bike.  I love mine.

Would I like a firebreathing wheelie machine? Yes.

Does a KLR suit my riding style and experience?  Also, yes.

Ill prolly part ways with my Harley one day, but I'm keeping the Killer.

Enjoy the new ride! Safe travels!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

zx3fred

Leaving in 7 hours to go pick up the bike. Helmet and jacket was delivered today.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon