News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Colorado DS Ride.

Started by TC, February 19, 2018, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

https://youtu.be/BvXaEfO5Fto

This is the link to a YouTube video I made of a very scenic dirt/gravel road ride from Colorado Springs, CO to Salida, Co via Gold Camp Road, Old Stage Road, Phantom Canyon Road and Shelf Road.  I just ran across this video and thought I would share it with anyone interested.  My wife and I rode it 2-up on a 1200GS so it is not a difficult ride but has great scenery.

Chitza

Nice post, TC! Thanks for sharing. I know you have lots of photos and reports waiting for us to see 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Brian A

That is the quietest motorcycle I have ever (not) heard.  ;)

BamaPhill

My wife and I have actually been on Gold Camp Road.  Out there on a business trip and drove a rental Tahoe all around that area. I was just telling my wife this past weekend how I would love to ride a bike through that area!  Really beautiful, and cool sites with old mining ghost towns and camps.  Hopefully I can make it out there sometime. 
2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

Gam

I did a rental cage "dual sport" ride out there one year ;D, I drove on dirt roads all over that state for two weeks, camped the whole time.  Rented some 4 wheel drive something in Colorado Springs. The first dirt road was Goldmine. 

BamaPhill

Unfortunately we were out there for business, so I didn't get to explore as much as I would like.  Here are a few photos I took on the Gold Mine road:

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

kylepeterson

beautiful !  i can't see coming back from a place like that. ever.
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

I can't wait to go back ... the mountains are enchanting and humbling
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

BamaPhill

I'm a homeboy that has lived all my life in Alabama. Colorado is one of the few places my wife and I would seriously consider moving. So much beauty and so many things to do if you're an outdoors person!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

griff

We have ridden around near salida on dual sports for a week ourselves. We've also spent two weeks in Silverton. Both times I've considered not coming home. I keep reminding myself that it snows a lot up there.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs