News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2 days riding

Started by mojo1, June 10, 2018, 07:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

Started out Friday morning in Helena heading up back roads to the Meriweather Lewis campground where I meet up with Nice Goat for a couple hours. After leaving there headed to Florence where I meet my Dad, Sister, Niece for lunch. After leaving Florence made my way back to Moulton hitting hwy 33 through the forest making my way to Jasper hitting hwy 269 to Alliance rd heading through Oak Grove to home. It was a good day. 425 miles total for the day.

Day 2
Lk2rd joined me Saturday morning for the ride. We headed up to Gasden from Helena on the interstate to make some time. Once up there rode up back roads getting to Little River Canyon ( there was like no traffic at all)making our way to Summerville, Ga. We rode several roads in the Chattahoochee National Forest area before heading to Jim's Resturant in Summerville for lunch. After leaving there made our way down through Jacksonville to Mt Cheaha stopping at Store for a bit chatting with other riders before making on back to Helena. I had 423 miles for the day, Lk2rd had over 500. It was a good day except that I killed Bambi. I almost missed it but it hit my gear shift lever and foot peg.

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

kdtrull

Geez!!!  Glad you made out ok.  Any bike damage?

mojo1

Bent my gear shift lever a little is all (just bent it back) I barely felt it hit my foot.  I thought that when I hit it that maybe it just nocked the wind out it but my gear shift lever busted it up. It was probably only a few days old. It probably didn't weigh 10 lbs.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Nice Goat

Glad you got away clean!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

Jeez, glad that didn't end worse! Hate we missed seeing you at the campground!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Woohoo! The Mojo is back!
Glad you made it safe with minimal damage to your bike.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

merc16

Glad you're ok Mojo !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

lazeebum

Glad you're ok. That's one less traffic hazard.