News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Just One More Day, Again

Started by kdtrull, June 11, 2018, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

You know how when ya' get to doin' somethin' fun and ya' just cain't quit?  Well, I had pireful good time up to Hickman county this weekend and just needed one more day to get my fill.
Like Briscoe Darlin used to say, "3 cuts of pie is about my high water mark."  And 3 good days of riding will hold me for a spell too....at least until next weekend.
My little XT was feelin' plumb picked over after all these weeks of sittin' around and I was a missin' her too.  We got one of them special relationships...but not one of them unnatural types.  We just take to each other right strong.

I bet y'all didn't know we had one of them fancy polo clubs up to Killen, Alabamy.  Well, we do.  Actually it's East of Killen close to where Hwy 101 crosses 72.

They's a little history that leans up agin' it:

Ain't no matter how yens take to histry and the polo, it's right perty to look on....them ball-whackin', horse-folk take right good care of their property:

Keep goin' East to get to my favorite snuff peddler....a little town called Rogersville.  They got them a right fair amount of histry too:

Take to the North out of Rogersville and you'll hit the Tennessee hill country before a breath or two:

They sure got some perty roads up there....kinda' scrawny to the breadth of 'em but they sure is good fer'n some shade.

Lotta' folk keep the horns on the cow up around here.  I like 'em better that way but probly a fair piece tougher to drag to market that way:

It don't take long to figure out what a feller means by rollin' hills once yens get up here:

If them Sanford and Son fellers woulda' been born up to Tennessee, their place woulda' probly looked more like this:

This feller's kinda' proud of his deer killin':

Right next door, I wonder if what this ain't his maw and paws' house....it's a speck more kept up like.  And that stack of rocks might'a been their maw and paws' place:

Just keep rollin'.  You see somethin' you like directly:

Most times, it pays to look forwards but sometimes, it don't hurt to look back a spell.  I think that's one of them new interstate highways they's a put'n in up to Giles county:

Cain't get enough shade on a day like today:

I took a little water break at this new barn:

Directly, here come this feller I could'a swore I'd met before:

We got to jabber-jaw'in and it turns out we's probably related.  He's just a plain old donkey but thought I was a jackass from a branch or two back in the famly tree....hard to argue with a feller smarter than me.

Well, you cain't talk to nobody up in these parts without a bunch of other folks want'n to cut in....ain't got near enough to do, if you ask me:

But, them young'ns is right cute to look on:

Then, here come some of them folks from next door.  You'd a thought I'd brought fresh sour mash or somethin'....poorin' outa' the woodwork.

I didn't want to be rude so I spoke to Ms. Ellie while me and Delmar was talkin':

Delmar's bad to think fellers is come to call on his girl....even the cousins:

Directly, Ms. Charlotte come up to run everybody off....it was gettin' late and time for the littlen's to settle down.

We all said our goodbye's and parted ways.

Then I headed on home for supper with the Warden:

Neighboor's done went and painted again.

renchinrider

Great ride report!  If a picture's worth a 1000 words, this constitutes a novel!  :D Thanks for sharing.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Fencejumper09

Fantastic little trip!

Them 'r some nice shady twisties you got right der!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

lazeebum

As usual, interesting readin' and cool pictures.

RubyRider

If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!