News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

East or West ??

Started by Falcon7, November 18, 2015, 01:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon7

Ok i am thinking about riding on Sunday NOV 22. Weather will be Sunny and HIGHS in the 40's may reach 50.

1 1/2 hour ride from Huntsville to EAST is Little River Canyon.  I have not ridden any of this area, missed a good ride that was put on by Griff a while back.

1 1/2 hour ride from Huntsville to WEST is Bank Head Forest, I have ridden there now a handful of times, am getting comfortable with getting around and have a set idea of where i want to end up.

either way, i am having off road withdrawals and which ever route works for someone if your interested just let me know.
With the Recent Rain, i am sure Bank Head will not be dusty. but passable.
Little River Canyon with its streams and creeks and river, may be some high water. 
my pace is about 20-30 mph off road so nothing blazing.
I plan on leaving Huntsville, South Parkway area, at 8:30 in the morning so i will be getting to a "trail-head" around 10... ride the area and grab a bite to eat when i head out.

Thanks
Falcon7

lazeebum

I'll keep an eye on this. 

Falcon7

Well after a day of thinking on it.  i have decided West.

With the amount of rain we have had this ( if i can find it will be pretty cool, i think. )  ;D

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/70769660?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

Now to do some logistics on times and departures.

Falcon7

Muss

Oh dude I'm so wanting to rude Sunday! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muss

I had been looking at the tn dirt devil. http://trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/2476006

Falcon7

Muss,  yep that is one of the places on my lists of places to ride.

After this trip i will have successfully covered 95% of all side trails and main roads East of Hwy 33. later on i will see what the West/Sipsey side has to offer.

There are a few Deer trails that i have started halfway down and the thought went through my head, i am out here by myself and who is going to help me when i dump my bike.......

So here is what i am thinking. If i leave my house i plan on stopping at the SHELL gas station in Hartselle at the 31/36 intersection NOT the shell at the interstate 65.
9:00 AM on Sunday NOV 22.

From there it should be a 1 Hour Ride to the Falls in Bank Head. Get there 10ish
Head back out the same route or slightly different just depends on how everything is going. Get out and back into hartselle 12ish.

if your hungry here is a nice place to grab a bite. Pig Stand.

http://www.shophartsellefirst.com/pigstandbbq/?listing.action=menu

Then head seperate ways.

have the rest of the afternoon to get back and finish my honey do's that i put off as long as i could.

Muss

Ok I'm game!  I've hiked to the falls. I'm assuming you don't ride all the way down do you?  Assuming this will be a pretty dry route by Sunday?

Muss

I'm afraid I'm out for Sunday. Low as of 29 sat night. I don't really have cold weather stuff. High only 43.

Falcon7

lazeebum

Falcon, if you are interested, we got some good dual sport riding close to Florence.

kdtrull

Quote from: lazeebum on November 21, 2015, 05:15:39 PM
Falcon, if you are interested, we got some good dual sport riding close to Florence.

Not trying to hijack your plans but here's a few pics from lazeebum's ride today:

War of 1812 family grave site:

Muss

Nice!

Falcon7

Kdtrull,  cool!  That area looks like a lot of fun.   

I am still planning on riding tomorrow I will most likely figure out what winter gear I don't have.  Ha ha.  Good thing black Friday is soon will keep my eyes open for gear.

kdtrull

You guys are welcome on any of our rides.  There's more areas closer to you but they are all in TN.
Just ping one of us if you ever want a tour guide.

Falcon7

I am not going to waste any space in ride reports.

Ride was cold, and the falls are now gated  :'(

On the bright side I got to ride my bike.

And now to find ideas to keep my hands and toes warm. Other than that it was very enjoyable ride.

Thanks again for the invite to head up to the Florence area, if I wasn't already booked for the the afternoon I would have headed out that way.