News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bluesman's Funeral

Started by Guidedawg, June 01, 2016, 08:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

This is a notification from God Speed Biker Ministries where David was quite active:

Funeral arrangements for David Failis as follows...FRIDAY..@ Equality United Methodist Church @ Hwy 259 Visitation for the family is from 12 to 12:30 Friends from 12:30 to 1:30 Funeral will be at 2 o'clock .The family has asked that bikers line up from the church to the grave site. Going to post tomorrow where we can meet and ride up on the bikes if everybody would like to go!..http://www.radneyfuneralhome.com/m/obit.../David-Fail/Memories

(This is the obituary)

Obituary for Mr. David (Mickey) Fail
Funeral Service for Mr. David (Mickey) Fail, 57, of Equality, will be Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:00 pm at the Equality Methodist Church. Rev. Gene Lankford and Rev. Mark Fronduti will officiate. Burial will follow in the Equality Methodist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Friday, June 3, 2016 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm at Equality Methodist Church.

Mr. Fail passed away on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at University of Alabama Hospital (Birmingham). He was born on August 22, 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama to David T Fail and Pat Durden. Mr. Fail was a member of ABATE, Christian Motorcycle Association, Godspeed Ministries, and BAMA Rides. He loved motorcycles and guitars. Mr. Fail was fatally injured by a hit & run driver in Montgomery. His life will be celebrated by bikers all over the state.

He is survived by his spouse, Charlotte Fail of Equality; sons, David (Amanda) Fail of Deatsville, Jeremy Fail of Phenix City; step-sons, Billy Wayne Moore of Tallassee, Jamie Moore of Tallassee; mother, Pat Durden of Deatsville; step-father, John Durden; brother, Gary Fail of Montgomery, James Fail of Montgomery, Richard Fail of TN, Christopher Fail of GA; sister, Laura McCrary of Phenix City; granddaughter, Kyra Moore; and niece, Ashley Fail.

He was preceded in death by his father

Guidedawg

I have already made plans to be enroute to Mississippi during the funeral.  Unfortunately, I am the family transportation and people at the destination have made arrangements to hold off a surprise party for a friend until we arrive and I cannot delay to attend the funeral.

I'm sick about it, but am sure he is going to have a grand send off from the biker community.

Slede

i'll be leaving Calera around noonish if anybody wants to tag along with me
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Crandon

Guidedawg, thanks for sharing this.  I didn't know Bluesman personally but I know that he will be missed by a lot of people. 

VWCarlos

I will be riding up from Montgomery around noon time. Its only a 40 minute ride for me...
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

KrisCook

I took the whole day off and I'm hitting the road within the hour.  Gonna take my time and think good and hard about how precious and short life is.  I'll see you all there.
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.