Sooooo, what's the plan man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrobinson

Quote from: GS Noob on July 18, 2016, 06:32:03 PM
Sooooo, what's the plan man?

updated original post. MPK @ 6:45

GS Noob

Sweet! I'll be there. Just FYI, the main entrance is actually the back of the building (facing Publix/Best Buy/Cobbs Ford Road) but you can still park on the "front" side of the building. Look for my BMW 650GS parked outside and a grey vented jacket inside.

mark1962

Wish I could make it. It's been awhile. Stupid work...

Guidedawg

It looks like I'll make it after all though I'll probably eat at home first.  Hopefully they'll let me have a seat for a Coke.

GS Noob

Quote from: Guidedawg on July 19, 2016, 02:36:02 PM
It looks like I'll make it after all though I'll probably eat at home first.  Hopefully they'll let me have a seat for a Coke.
You'll be missing out on some good grub if you eat before

jrobinson

Good turnout. Thanks to those that made the trip.

VWCarlos

It was really cool meeting everyone tonight. Food was good and the company was even better.
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

GS Noob

Thanks for organizing it. I had a great time, hope everyone enjoyed their food.

CroweMoto

Glad I showed up, can't wait to hang with y'all again and do some riding soon

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guidedawg

It was a great night with excellent food and conversation.  When you have a riders in town from both north and south Alabama, the least we can do is get a few from the center to give them a welcome.  Thanks for putting it together.

As I arrived, I recalled the post about parking on the front versus the back side so when I didn't see much parking I circled around pointing as I did so to the other rider approaching from the opposite direction.

So it turned out that jrobinson and I approached from opposite sides of the building and parked where cam21943 was already waiting. Almost immediately, our 2 Hondas and a Harley were joined by a Yamaha, BMW, and a Ducati.  Who says BamaRides is not a diverse group?

MPK was not crowded and we easily found a table for 6.  For those of you playing at home, can you guess that BamaRides member?

On the right side of the picture (front to back) we have our newest member CroweMoto who was still a guest last night.  Next to him is VWCarlos.
On the left is GS Noob, cam21943, and he-who-keeps-us-going jrobinson.  (Since I will forget at least one "real" name, I'll leave it to our handles)

Any looks of derision or confusion are directed to the photographer (who gets those looks quite often) because as GS Noob said, the food was very good.

FWIW, if you are visiting the High Point Town Center in Prattville, you should be aware that it might be much easier to exit towards Bass Pro Boulevard if you are returning to Montgomery.  I can verify that following the main route out will force you to head east on Cobbs Ford until you can turn onto 82 and then do a series of left turns to return to Cobbs Ford Road and the Interstate.

Or if you find yourself as the first motorcycle at the red light, you could....theoretically...make a U turn and avoid that hassle.  I understand that is easily possible, but no one affiliated with BamaRides would ever encourage that sort of behavior.

GS Noob

Nice "ride report." We need to do this again!

klaviator

Good to see more activity from down south.  Maybe someday I'll try to swing by there.  I did live in Prattville for a year back in 01-02.

jrobinson

One of the best Flash Mobs I've been to.

One member was from Jackson Co in the NE corner of Alabama, another from Baldwin Co in the SW corner of the state.

Only 2 of the 6 has ridden together.

I think we had a 30 year span between the youngest and oldest attendees.

We had a Ducati sportbike, BMW dual sport, 2 cruisers, a Harley touring, and a goldwing

NO way this should work out - (borrowed from klaviator)

We talked like old friends about everything from bikes to talking a young mother through giving CPR to her lifeless child.

We even shamed a stalker into joining the forum. LOL

Thanks to the guys that came out last night.

KevinB

Is that Norton's former ST, or do we have 3 blue Duc ST's on the forum now?  :)