Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cameron went down...

Started by 01YZF6, July 31, 2016, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bergman32

Praying for Cameron and your family.

Shepcam

Dang man, hate to see this. Hope he will be ok and all goes well!
2013 Kawasaki Concours

mojo1

Prayers, Hopefully he will bounce back quickly.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

01YZF6

Cams feeling better, but still no feeling in leg, he is able to move it a little, but no weight on it like they want him too.
Ortho keeps telling him that he HAS to get up on crutches and move around, but with his back swollen up, he has a hard time.
No cast either! They told us that way he can get back into moving around quicker.
Bike is at a friends in Rome, GA and will be transported to my house end of week for insurance to see.

Thanks for all the prayers

lk2rd

Hope your son recovers fast.  Lots if people are praying for him.

springer

Keep us updated and let him know we are all praying for a speedy recovery.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

lazeebum

Man I hate to hear that. Hope your son recovers quickly.

01YZF6

Updates today, not good news

Reposted from fb
On Saturday, July 30th,  Cameron was in a motorcycle accident.
He was life flighted to UT Knoxville.
He sustained severe injuries.

Transverse fractures of L1-L5
Lacerated spleen
Broken femur
Displaced hip which has been upgraded to rear pelvic fracture now.

But praise above, he is alive!

Some close friends (family to me) have setup accounts to help with costs while we are here with him.
Quote from them:
"
As many of you know Rob's son Cameron went down at the Gap Meet...  and is still in the hospital with a broken leg, fractured vertebra, & dislocated (or fractured) hip.

So we are going to take up an anonymous collection for him... you can send to my paypal (k4bacon@gmail.com) anonymously or directly to him at Jen1inorlando@hotmail.com.  Please send as a gift to keep from charging fees...  Not doing a gofund me due to the excessive fees that they charge...

Anything would help...  "

Cam is awake and alert, but can't do much more than move his arms and head at this point.

He was wearing full protective leather gear. It saved his life!

I was behind him when it happened, and would never wish for anyone to witness that for someone they love.

So while we wait on more tests, results, and progress, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and keep the positive vibes coming!

kylepeterson

That's terrible, I'm sorry you're going through this. Can we do anything locally for you?

gulfcoaster

Thanks for listing a PayPal. Still hoping for a good recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

01YZF6

Will know more today. We are staying in Knoxville, just down the road.
Thanks for the prayers and support

ironblood45

Prayers up for fast recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01YZF6

Today is  little better. His swelling has subsided, but the pain level has increased.
They upped his dosage a bit to compensate for that.

He still has no range of motion, or feeling in his left leg when upright.
His so is a grade 3 laceration. (1-5 scale) and is on thinners to prevent clots sue to being immobile

Magoo

The good news is he sounds like he's going to make a full, albeit painful, recovery. I'd imagine it was incredibly stressful on you, I'm sure it was a great comfort to him having you there with him when it happened.

Hope he heals fast and strong and is anxious to get back on the road.

I'm sending positive vibes his way.

01YZF6

He's feeling better today, but the thinners and pain meds are making him nauseated. Ortho said surgical side of things looks solid, and sutures are healing well, minimal drainage. Cam says he has sharp pains still in his hip area. But overall his pain level is at a 4.  Hoping they will try and get him mobile today with pt, but no idea when.  If he can show them he can move around on crutches, they will consider signing off on discharge later in the week.  But they are not pushing him to actually get on them.