News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Guidedawg reporting in

Started by Guidedawg, September 15, 2015, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

Thanks to Bluesman for letting me know we were back.  I've still been checking the front page with a waving Southwestern Yeti and assumed we were still down.

By way of reintroduction, although I am often called Bear by friends with whom I ride, I had chosen the name Guidedawg for this forum a few years ago and it's what Bamarides members call me, so I'll stick with it.

Why Guidedawg?  Because my wife is blind (yeah, I know - she'd have to be) and when I first started riding the idea was to get some miles and experience in so she could ride with me.  Unless I got a sidecar rig, her guide dog would have to be left at home and I will serve as a poor substitute.  But I'm half as smart, not quite as obedient, and almost as good looking, so I'll do in a pinch.

And guess what has happened during the time that this site was off in Poofdom?  I have sold the bike that appeared in a few photo tags and trip reports

(As seen here on my last theme tag)

As much as I loved my Honda Shadow VLX 600, things fell into place so easily it was time to upgrade.  So I did

My big-boy bike is a 2005 Honda VTX 1800R.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and have taken a solo ride through a few counties and then Mrs. Guidedawg and I rode 2 up to attend a funeral in Washington County.  We traveled both Interstate and back roads and I suspect we are going to share many rides together now.  True, it's large for my daily commute, but should be fun for weekend escapes.

BamaRides has been an invaluable source of information and inspiration for me so I am very glad to be back!

Bluesman

Welcome from  Equality.Very nice upgrade!!!

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Guidedawg

And, oh yeah, for anyone who is new - I'm one of your few Capital City Cruisers

klaviator

Welcome back and congrats on the new bike!

mark1962

Nice looking bike! Bluesman is wanting to get a flashmob together soon. Cant wait to see it up close.

KrisCook

Welcome back! I hope to meet you some time before the snow flies.
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom