News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bartab took a tumble

Started by Gam, August 15, 2016, 04:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Bartab doesn't post a lot here now, having succumbed like many to "devilbook", but many here know him. Well, Bart sent up the bat signal late Saturday afternoon, we have one of those anytime, anywhere agreements.  He was at the Chatsworth, Georgia hospital with a broken collarbone.  He and Simpson (many know him as well) were camped at Lake Conasauga in the Cohutta Wilderness looking for cool weather.  They put big gravel on a lot of the roads and it is miserable stuff. Bart got in the deep gravel on the edge and highsided down the mountain.
     Luckily he was near the Conasauga River Trailhead and a hiker came along and took him up to the lake, Between Simpson and some other campers they got him to the hospital. This is on West Cowpen maybe 300 yards from the intersection with FS 630, you can see FS 630 down below through the trees,. As usual this is much much steeper than it looks.  That swath was cut as he and bike slid down, probably 50 feet or so.  We met the wrecker at the getoff point, Browndog...adv guy, had arranged to get the wrecker up there.  After the bike was headed for Browndog's barn, we went to the lake got his stuff then on to Birmingham. He was supposed to see an orthoped today

The bike appeared to be in pretty good shape, probably need a new Patron sticker.

Nice Goat

Well, that sucks.  Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

SpeedyR

sorry to hear it. BrownDog is good folk from what I've read of him. Hell anyone with a Super Enduro is good in my book...

if y'all ever need help towards the ATL way, feel free to ping me.

hope he heals up quick!

norton73

Sorry to hear about  this.
Hope Bart gets healed and back on the bike soon.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

lazeebum

I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse. Heal up quick. Dey's motorcycles to ride, and guitars that need playing.

Gam

Quote from: lazeebum on August 16, 2016, 02:50:37 PM
I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse. Heal up quick. Dey's motorcycles to ride, and guitars that need playing.
Surgery tomorrow, 6 weeks healing, then rehab.

01YZF6

Prayed sent... Glad someone was around to get him from the slide down.

lazeebum

Quote from: Gam on August 16, 2016, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: lazeebum on August 16, 2016, 02:50:37 PM
Surgery tomorrow, 6 weeks healing, then rehab.
That's longer than I figured for a broken collar bone. Shows what I know. Still hope he heals quick and good.