News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Motorcycle Cannonball is Running!

Started by renchinrider, September 12, 2016, 08:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Vintage Motorcycle Fans,

The web page containing current updates to this year's Motorcycle Cannonball race from Atlantic City, NJ to Carlsbad, CA is up and running!  The web address is http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com.

Currently, 89 motorcycles are still "in the race", though numerous of the 100+ year-old machines have spent time on the sweeper truck due to breakdowns.  Motorcycling artist Scott Jacobs took a spill and broke his shoulder, and remains in PA for surgery.

Huntsville's own Erik Bahl (#63) has jumped from 42nd (of 90) on Day 1 to 19th position at the end of Day 2.  Congratulations to Erik!

I can't wait to see/meet the riders and their machines when I, and they, arrive in Dodge City, KS this Saturday!  I'll snap as many pics as my camera chip can hold, and share details upon my return to Huntsville.

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

renchinrider

Looks like 87 riders +/- are still in the race, having completed the first 600 miles of the race.  As best I can tell, one rider's motorcycle caught fire and burned on Day 1, Scott Jacobs was injured and hospitalized on Day 2, and German participant Juergen Ulrich blew the engine on his 1914 Harley sometime today.

The great news is that Huntsville's Erik Bahl has advanced from 19th to 16th position at mid-day score posting today!

renchinrider

Great news:  Erik Bahl has advanced again, and is now in 13th place!  Most current update indicates that every bike that started today's segment finished it.

The riders have covered some 860 miles, and are overnighting in Cape Girardeau, MO. 

Fencejumper09

This is freakin awesome! I wish I knew more about vintage bikes to fully appreciate this.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Fence, the bikes in this race have to 100+ years old. That's awesome no matter what else you know about the bike! See you at Vintage. Lots to learn there! Doug Wothke(rtwdoug on BamaRides) is on this ride. "rtw" stands for "round the world."
Check him out here:

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

renchinrider

Chitza,

Thanks for the intro to Doug's adventures!  I'm going to follow him more closely.

To all:  Erik is still running with a perfect score for the first 1320 miles of the race, and is now in 12th place!

I'm off to Dodge City in the morning, and will return with a camera full o' pics and a story to tell!

Rench

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars