News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

My worst day riding

Started by mojo1, September 16, 2015, 09:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

January 12 2014  I ended up with 14 broken ribs , punctured lung, shattered liver and facial fractures. All I have is vague memory of flying through some trees until I awoke in the hospital. I was back on the road by July would have been sooner but had to convince the wife I needed another bike.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Nice Goat

You are lucky to still be with us, dude.

Any idea what caused you to leave the road?
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Argh Oh

You really scared us with that one. Glad you made it through so well, more glad got to ride with you since. Have to do another soon.

mojo1

Don't have a clue. The guy behind me had said it looked like my rear tire locked up. I wasn't in a curve. When I went back to look at it there was some pea gravel about a foot onto the road so just guessing I probably tapped the rear brake close to the edge of the road I started to slide and with the shoulder only about a foot wide before starting down the embankment off I went.
Quote from: Argh Oh on September 16, 2015, 11:11:37 PM
You really scared us with that one. Glad you made it through so well, more glad got to ride with you since. Have to do another soon.
We will, You were with us that day I went back to look at the site.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Freebooter

Man what a bummer. I am glad you were hurt worse or killed.

Chuck A.

It can happen so fast. Sometimes it best not to remember what happened. Maybe we miss remembering the pain with it.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson