News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

NATRA Westpoint, TN

Started by Fencejumper09, November 23, 2016, 09:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

The crew and I headed to Westpoint, TN Saturday morning for the Billy Goat Harescramble on Legg Farm!

On the road up we stopped at an old grain storage facility that looks like a concrete pumpkin. Kyle says the top blew off due to an explosion and I believe him!

We arrived at our meeting point of Iron City Cafe in Iron City, TN around 10:30 am and ordered a couple burgers and a side of what can only be described as little bites of joy. They were tater tots filled with cheese!!

After filling up chatting a bit about who was man enough to race the following day, we headed to Legg Farms that is just a couple miles north of NATRA's land. After talking to a couple of the guys that were helping layout the course we realized that when they said "No Preriding the Course" they meant it!!

We headed back down the road to NATRA's property parking at the beginning of No Man's Land and commenced riding some fantastic, but dusty, trails!

Here is a quick video of some of the single track we hit!

After a good 5 to 6 hours of single track we packed up and headed back over to Legg Farms to set up camp. We then headed into Lawrenceburg for some Mexican food! We all over stuffed our faces and Brad got made fun of for getting a Margarita.

It was pretty dusty on the way to camp!

By the time we got back to camp the temperature was in the low 40s and dropping quickly. Kyle took a quick nap since he had 2 beers with dinner but rejoined the group huddled around the two propane heaters. The conversation turned to the race and the 4 crazy people planning to run it. The overall winner for the race would receive an actual Billy Goat so of course we talked about what we would do with a goat if we won. Danimal had a couple of unique ideas and we will leave it at that!

The next day their was a lot of waiting around and anticipation for the start of the race. Once the race started all was good in the world! It was a dry dusty mess with some creek crossing, loose hill climbs, technical off cambers and rocky trails that satisfied everyone's desire to be like Graham Jarvis! It really was a great course and we were all very appreciative of the amount of work that must have gone into making it.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend of riding and camaraderie! With only 2 flat tires and no major injuries it was another successful trip to NATRA.

I know this RR doesn't have enough pictures so I will try harder to get more next time.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

Fencejumper09

Thanks for the article Johnny!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

Looks like fun.  It makes me miss my dirtbike days. 

Nice Goat

Nice report and great video.  That KTM is a beast!

That's a beautiful area up there in southern Tennessee.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

Y'all were in my neck of the woods. However, my riding skills ain't up to the trails on NATRA. Good ride report and video.