News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

End / Start of year rides.

Started by klaviator, December 16, 2016, 11:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

It's still a couple of weeks away but weather permitting I plan on setting up either and end of year or start of the new year ride.  Or maybe I'll do both.  This will all be weather dependent.  Rain or snow and I won't do it.  If it's cold I'll keep the rides short.  We will meet somewhere to eat before or after.  Watch the planned rides and I'll post something as we get close enough to get an accurate weather forecast.  If anyone has any suggestions post em up.

This will be in the Huntsville area. 

Izzy3

I'm allergic to ice, but all weather is fine.  Would like to meet some of the local riders.

renchinrider

Lookin' forward to it, Klaviator!  Both I and Grover (rides the white Burgman scooter) will be back in town Dec 30th from out-of-town Christmases.  A Holiday ride will be awesome.

Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying your ADV Rider story of Two Lives (along with the "Poacher Turned Gamekeeper" Epic). 

Merry Christmas to All!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

The weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday is not looking good.  I'll probably get out on Friday for my last ride of the year.

renchinrider

Still out of state and won't  be back until tomorrow night...  But look forward to joining your Start of Year ride!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

I rode to work on Thursday, but since it was a bit cooler on Friday I joked that I had put away my bike for the year.

We are visiting relatives for the New Year's weekend so no opportunity to ride and it will be raining the first day or so of our return.  It may be *gasp* as late as January 4 before I get a ride in for 2017.

klaviator

The weather forecast for today was pretty bad but it turned out to be an OK day.  I could easily have gone for a ride.  It looks like it my be OK tomorrow afternoon for a ride.  I'll check the weather in the morning and post something up.  I'm thinking meet around noon for a late breakfast or lunch then go for a ride.

klaviator

It's not exactly a beautiful sunny day out there but it is fairly warm and it's not raining.  I will be going out on a first ride of the year today.  If anyone else is up for it let me know and I'll set something up. 

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on January 01, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
It's not exactly a beautiful sunny day out there but it is fairly warm and it's not raining.  I will be going out on a first ride of the year today.  If anyone else is up for it let me know and I'll set something up.

I'm about to get showered and head out ... which bike are you taking?

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I haven't decided between the Versys and Majesty.

klaviator

How about meet in Guntersville for lunch then a short ride and some picture taking?  I was thinking the Huddle House at noon but I'm open for other suggestions.

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on January 01, 2017, 10:39:25 AM
How about meet in Guntersville for lunch then a short ride and some picture taking?  I was thinking the Huddle House at noon but I'm open for other suggestions.

Sounds good.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

OK, Huddle house in Guntersville at noon.  If anyone else wants to join us we'll see you there.  We'll head out for a ride after lunch, probably around 12:45.

Mash