News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Yamaha FZ-10

Started by Campbell92, January 13, 2017, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

Just got a 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 in at Allsport and I am absolutely in love. I have only pushed it around front, I haven't had the chance to ride one as of yet (I am waiting for the day like a kid waits for Christmas). I was curious if anyone has ridden one or even owns one in the area or on the forum? If so I would love to hear about it. The way it handles, likes, dislikes, etc. This bike looks like it just came from outer space or Tron. It makes me drool each time I see it.
Once I get the chance I am for sure writing a review. If it is anything like the FZ-07 (which I have gotten the chance to ride) it will for sure be one of my all time favorites.

SpeedyR

I rode a few weeks ago with a guy here in Atlanta that has one. He's got a dirt bike background and wanted an upright comfortable bike. Motor is decent but doesn't have as much engine braking or torque/hp as mine does, but he was very happy with the bike. We rode maybe 250 miles in the afternoon together and had a good time. He mentioned that he had to prepare going into corners as I would just roll off throttle and slow down, he'd have to get on the brakes, and then I would usually pull a few bike lengths coming out of corner as well.  I didn't get any photos of the bikes together but his was the gray/yellow version.

It seemed to handle well but I didn't ride it. He did a track day the weekend after we rode together, but I haven't talked to him much since he got back from the track day (Barber with STT I think).

IMHO the naked bikes are where it's at these days (well if you are looking for just a street bike). comfortable to ride, just as good as a full sport bike up till 100+mph, and just fun to ride. cheaper to insure, less money if you happen to tip over (not as much $$$ bodywork) and just a good bike to ride.

Yamaha has been on a roll with the 07 and 09 bikes. Good motors, and great prices.

Nice Goat

A guy on the Versys 1000 forum has one.  He posted some comments here:

http://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,16781.0.html
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."